High Level Kits availability

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

High Level Kits availability

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:41 am

Morning all,

I know that Chris from High Level is a member, and posts here with news sometimes. However, to save him a chare, and to inform members here, I'll just copy a post that Chris made yesterday on RMWeb:

"Hello all,

As has been mentioned, we are now furloughed. This is a result of our supplies being depleted over a very busy 2020, resulting in us now being short of enough key components that things have become unworkable. Unfortunately, the furlough rules state that we have to go one way or the other, so we can no longer trade at all. Not that helpful however…

We are trying to use the down-time profitably and are working behind the scenes on the new website with online ordering. There’s a lot of tinkering with settings going on, with the usual suite of problems that happen when you touch anything to do with the internet. For example, for a while, you may not be able to view the new site, or the old one, then one or the other might come on, or maybe not… emails may not get to us… and who knows what else!

So, apologies for the interruption(s) - we will try and get things sorted ASAP - and thanks very much for your continued support for our business over the years. We fully intend to get things up and running again, and the new system should help us to be more efficient. Being realistic, when we are back on our feet, there’s likely to be a few teething problems with all the new stuff, but they’ll get ironed out and I may even get some time to do some design work?!…

We're also working on an Instagram page.

Cheers,
Chris

So do save up those orders (I have a couple myself!) and get ready to welcome Chris back when the current Unpleasantness is over.

This has been a Scalefour Society Public Announcement...

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

David Knight

Re: High Level Kits availability

Postby David Knight » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Mmmmm, “design work”. Now there’s something to look forward to! :thumb :thumb :thumb And that combined with on-line ordering? Brilliant! :D :D :D

Cheers,

David

andrewnummelin

Postby andrewnummelin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 pm

The bad news. I was just about to put an order in for a couple of motors and gearboxes to progress some "lock-down" projects when I saw this thread...

The good news. Things will get better.
And in the meantime I'll just have to get on with a couple of things I should have done ages ago!
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:56 pm

New site looks quite good. :thumb
That would be an ecumenical matter.

barhamd

Postby barhamd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Hi all

I'm stuck on a project until I can get hold of 4 High Level horn blocks (just the standard ones 1/8inch bearings).
Given Chris' entirely understandable situation did anyone else ever stock them? or does anyone have some they could let me buy off them?

thanks
David

steamraiser

Postby steamraiser » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:45 pm

David,

Have you tied some square 1/8" MJT hornblocks?

Gordon A

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:13 pm

barhamd wrote:Hi all

I'm stuck on a project until I can get hold of 4 High Level horn blocks (just the standard ones 1/8inch bearings).
Given Chris' entirely understandable situation did anyone else ever stock them? or does anyone have some they could let me buy off them?

thanks
David

I've got plenty of them David. Send me an address by PM and I'll pop them in the post. Don't worry about paying - we can square up at a CHEAG meeting at some point in the future.

Do you need the etched CSB tags that go over the back of the bearings as well?

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Winander

Postby Winander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:08 pm

This appeared on RMWeb yesterday posted by Chris.

We're hoping to be trading from 2nd of August, with most products available from stock. It's been a while, but most things are in stock - how long they last will depend on demand, and how easy it is to re-stock remains to be seen.

All being well, this website should be live so you can order on-line. Please bear with us as we work our way through the backlog of orders and get used to our new way of working.

Edited yesterday at 14:03 by High Level Kits

And in a later post
AT this pint we don't have the sayment gateway in use, so you can't actually order. We're hoping to get the whole thing ready for the second of August

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85210-high-level-kits/&do=findComment&comment=4508757
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Daddyman

Postby Daddyman » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:36 pm

Useful, thanks - hadn't seen it on RMW.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Excellent news!!

I foretell many a credit card getting a severe bashing. :)

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:18 pm

I need at least one Lo-Rider bogie and a boatload of hornblocks and bearings......

JackBlack

Postby JackBlack » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 am

Horsetan wrote:a boatload of hornblocks and bearings......

Same here! And thanks to covid/Brexit they'll probably have to get to me on a boat...

Nick Allport
CLAG

iak

Postby iak » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:38 pm

Let the feast begin... ;)
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

nberrington

Postby nberrington » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:02 am

2 weeks to go. Chris better brace himself….

Simon Moore

Postby Simon Moore » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:28 pm

This is music to my ears, as Chris has been furloughed I have been stocking up on all the other bits I needed for kits I have here. I need a load of gearboxes & hornblocks. Having tried other boxes I gave up & decided to just sit it out as nothing comes close to a high level box.

High Level Kits

Postby High Level Kits » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Many apologies for not answering this thread earlier.

The reason for this is that Giulia and myself have been concentrating on trying to get the new website match-fit, ready to open for business on the 2nd of next month (August). This will herald a new way of working and, with the way things seem to be heading in the big bad world, the facility to buy online will be welcomed by many of our customers!...

Because of the furlough/parts situation, we've been sitting on many orders, some of which date right back to January 2021. We're sorting through these first and, to avoid debiting anyone's account out of the blue, we're trying to contact our customers in advance, in order to confirm they still want to go ahead.

So, if this is you and by, say, two weeks into August, you haven't heard from us, drop us an email, because it's likely there's been some mix-up amidst all the chaos.

One final point - we've been amazed how, even after all this time, almost all of our customers still want to go ahead with their orders. We’ve had some fantastic, supportive messages over the last few months, and would like to say a massive thanks to everyone for being so patient and understanding.

More later,

Chris

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:43 pm

High Level Kits wrote:....we've been amazed how, even after all this time, almost all of our customers still want to go ahead with their orders. ...

That may be something to do with you producing stuff that nobody else does :mrgreen:

Return to “Product Information”