Bill Bedford G2A chassis

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Craig Warton

Bill Bedford G2A chassis

Postby Craig Warton » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 am

I arrived home this afternoon to a bit of a surprise. In the mail today was a Bill Bedford chassis for a Bachmann G2A that I had expressed an interest in some time back. I did not realise it had actually been produced yet - hence the surprise mentioned!

Obviously I have not built it yet(!) but an initial sticky beak shows a fold up chassis (P4) with cosmetic overlays. Coupling rods, spacers etc fill out the fret whilst the little package also includes bearings for the loco and tender - the etch for the frame for that came too. Brakegear is supplied in plastic (or resin?) and may have been derived via rapid prototyping. The chassis appears to be designed for CSB.

Cost for the loco and tender is GBP 44.50 including P & P to Australia.

Instructions consist of several exploded diagrams and words to amplify. Wheels are not suggested (Gibson?) nor is motorising shown so I suspect a high level gearbox may be the go

Having seen the fun and games that a friend has had (well two of them actually) building a 56xx chassis from the same source I would neither recommend or criticise this until I have built it, so this is just a "heads up" to those who are interested.

regards,

Craig Warton

Horsetan

Re: Bill Bedford G2A chassis

Postby Horsetan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Craig Warton wrote:.....Having seen the fun and games that a friend has had (well two of them actually) building a 56xx chassis from the same source ....

---->I've been building one too.....

Other than what I thought were one or two errors, which turned out not to be errors at all(!), mine has all gone together logically so far....
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Return to “Product Information”