Brian Rogers

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
bécasse

Brian Rogers

Postby bécasse » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:18 pm

There is a report on RMweb with the sad news that Brian Rogers has died.

mickeym

Re: Ultrascale Updates

Postby mickeym » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:26 pm

I had just seen the same sad news reported over on RMWeb.

steamraiser

Postby steamraiser » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 pm

From RM Web:

I've just received the sad news that Brian Rogers has died. He had not been in good health for a while but his death sees the passing of a very talented engineer whose Ultrascale products made such a difference to the running of many of our models.

I knew Brian well when I lived near to him but apart from exchanging Christmas greetings, i haven't seen him for over 20 years. I hope someone who can write a more fitting tribute to him will do so but I will remember him as a truly gentle man whose skills benefitted our hobby enormously.

Stan

A sad day for the hobby.

kelly

Postby kelly » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Sad news. Condolences to his family
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Philip Hall

Re: Brian Rogers

Postby Philip Hall » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:59 am

Brian was one of those engineers who did so much in the early years to help us. In the dark old days there were only Romford, Hamblings and K‘s wheels, none of which were perfect, and there was this big hole which Brian so ably filled. At last we had perfectly true and concentric wheels, which are the bedrock of any working model, and which continue to this day thanks to David. I believe Brian did much of the work on their range of gears too.

When I visited the workshop on odd occasions he was usually contentedly pottering around and always had a friendly word. He had a distant hand in my own new railway as I acquired most of the rail I needed from him; he’d laid in stocks many years ago for a project which never materialised. I have some very old wheels too, so somewhere on the line there will be wheels made by Brian running on rails I bought from him.

Our thoughts will be with David in the coming weeks and months.

Philip

Return to “Product Information”