Mousa Models

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
billbedford

Mousa Models

Postby billbedford » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:40 pm

I've just put up a new website​​​​​​​, and the idea of this one is that it will only contain models that I can produce in a reasonable time.

There is a redirect from the original site, but it may give a 404 if you are expecting a particular page.

CornCrake

Re: Mousa Models

Postby CornCrake » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Dear Bill,
The "contact" system on your new website is not working.
I am trying to send you a message regarding an outstanding gearbox order.

Regards Steve Cornford

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi Bill,

I understand why you have made these changes - but what does this mean for those items which were listed on the old site and which are no longer available?

I am making the first steps towards modelling the FR and was hoping at some point when time and money allowed to buy some of your now discontinued etches for Furness carriages (last time I looked you listed D21, D22 and D13 - plus in times gone by I believe you also used to stock underframes for the D21 and D22).

I guess I am wondering if old etches really die, or perchance somehow they sleepeth?! If you've gone to the trouble of producing the artwork, they could still be useful to some folks even though they are no longer (or possibily never were) commercially viable for your business? If nothing else could they be passed to the Cumbrian Railways Association, a charity that researches the history of the railways of Cumbria and which produces a small number of 4mm and 7mm models? Philip Tuer, the Chairman of the CRA, also leads the S4 Cumbria Region Area Group.

All the best

Neil

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:41 pm

Neil Smith wrote:...I guess I am wondering if old etches really die, or perchance somehow they sleepeth?! ...

They probably get deleted. Then again, a fair few old etches continue to have a life in the hands of Eileen's Emporium.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

tmcsean

Postby tmcsean » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:18 pm

If they are not commercially viable, perhaps they could be offered to the Society so they can be made available as free downloads.

Tony

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 pm

tmcsean wrote:If they are not commercially viable, perhaps they could be offered to the Society so they can be made available as free downloads.

Tony

That is another possibility if Bill is interested.. There were many other models also no longer listed.

Neil

SteamAle

Postby SteamAle » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:08 pm

Neil
Thanks for the plug and yes the CRA would be interested.
Have you looked at Worsley Works, although you will have to do some work to obtain all the underframe bits you'd need?
Philip.
Chairman - Cumbrian Railways Association

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:00 am

SteamAle wrote:Neil
Thanks for the plug and yes the CRA would be interested.
Have you looked at Worsley Works, although you will have to do some work to obtain all the underframe bits you'd need?
Philip.
Chairman - Cumbrian Railways Association

Hi Philip,

Thank you for that - I am glad I wasn't speaking out of turn to even suggest the CRA might be interested!

Yes I've seen the Worsley Works catalogue too -- thanks to the pointers on the CRA website :thumb These are also "when there is time and money" for me!

There is one duplication (the D13) between the two - but otherwise the Worsley and Mousa ranges were complementary to each other, which is why it would be a shame for FR modellers if the Mousa etches were lost.

(And I would imagine that Bill's old range would have generally targeted carriages which you could not get elsewhere, so its likely that many of the others on the former catalogue would also be sadly missed by those interested in those railway companies.)

All the best

Neil

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:40 am

Neil Smith wrote:Hi Bill,

I understand why you have made these changes - but what does this mean for those items which were listed on the old site and which are no longer available?

I don't know what to do with these slow selling kits, but probably not very much will happen until the etchers can offer a delivery commserate with my 28 days delivery.

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:15 am

Hi Bill,

Thanks for responding. I know you have said in the past on this forum that for some kits you are lucky to sell one a year if even that, so I appreciate the challenges this presents you and your business - and as a customer I would much rather receive goods within 28 days rather than months and months after paying, which does appear to happen with some suppliers...

Anyway, I hope you a receiving a strong message that it would be a grand shame if all those products could no longer be purchased, somehow...!

With best wishes

Neil

CornCrake

Postby CornCrake » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:28 am

Hi Bill,

I now seem to have successfully sent you a message from your website contact option. (This time I used Google Chrome)

Regards Steve Cornford

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:19 am

Just a quick heads up.

I've put up a new web page that allows downloading lists of most of the coach etches that were sold under the Bill Bedford Models label. Anything in these pages can be made to special order, at least initially.

Daddyman

Postby Daddyman » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:43 am

Some very interesting NER stuff if it can be supplied. A question, though: are these full kits (I'm looking at the "Pre-Grouping LNER" catalogue, not "Coach Side Etches")?

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:37 pm

These are all etchings only, but add-ons such as printed roofs, bogies etc could be provided if requested.

Daddyman

Postby Daddyman » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:34 pm

billbedford wrote:These are all etchings only, but add-ons such as printed roofs, bogies etc could be provided if requested.

Not roofs or bogies, but roof and underframe fittings.

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:48 pm

Daddyman wrote:
billbedford wrote:These are all etchings only, but add-ons such as printed roofs, bogies etc could be provided if requested.

Not roofs or bogies, but roof and underframe fittings.

Order and we can discuss what is possible.

Return to “Product Information”