Humbrol enamel paint chart

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

Humbrol enamel paint chart

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:43 pm

A paint chart.

From Humbrol.

For enamel paints.

Just in case anyone needs to look up a reference. Obviously, it's a file, on a computer screen. So please don't take it as absolute fidelity to what you will get on your model. I hope it is of some use.

New_Humbrol_Wall_Chart.pdf

Cheers
Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

DougN

Re: Humbrol enamel paint chart

Postby DougN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks flymo, this is one of the things as a modeller that every one needs. I picked up a paper copy years ago when I was in Hamley's of all places. It has tried to escape a couple of times but it now resides in my paint draw. A ready reckoner for colours!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Daddyman

Postby Daddyman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 am

Very useful, thank you!

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm

DougN wrote:Thanks flymo, this is one of the things as a modeller that every one needs. I picked up a paper copy years ago when I was in Hamley's of all places. It has tried to escape a couple of times but it now resides in my paint draw. A ready reckoner for colours!

I was looking for this a couple of days ago when I was asked what colour that Midland ventilated van was in the weathering thread. Could I find it? Could I heck!

I thought I'd deleted it, and then found I'd saved it in one of my "holding" folders, pending finding a permanent home. So I though the best place to stick it was on the Forum, where I could *always* find it...

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Porcy Mane

Postby Porcy Mane » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Hello,

This may be useful. Something I downloaded quit some time ago. The original website seems to have disappeared but google still has it cached.

HumbrolAutheticolourRange.doc

and there's this:

VMA-to-Hum.jpg

P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Here's a couple :D
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Noel

Postby Noel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Be aware that Humbrol have changed their range several times in the past few years, so that not all numbers on old charts will be available. This table http://forum.alienslegacy.com/pages/humbrol.htm may be useful.
Last edited by Noel on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Noel

Porcy Mane

Postby Porcy Mane » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:23 pm

Noel wrote:Be aware that Humbrol have changed their range several times in the past few years.

... and not all Humbrol paints are created equal.

Tests&Things027copysm.jpg

P

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 am

Too true, and it goes well beyond the colour - recent pots have something much closer to treacle than paint, and don't respond well to normal enamel thinners, whether white spirit or genuine 'turps'. But it isn't a new thing - I have about six generations of Hu 54 'Brass', each one different, and three or four of Hu 16 'Gold', likewise. The metallics do seem to have suffered most, but it affects others. I've just inadvertently sprayed with two different pots of Hu 156 Dk Grey and found that they are several shades of blue apart when dried. This is one reason why, having already adopted Alclad II for spraying 'Natural Metal Finish', I'm shifting to the new generation of paints, such as MIG Ammo, AK Interactive and Hataka for other colours. The problem is, of course, you start afresh working out railway livery equivalents (quite apart from having to lobby Hataka on a regular basis to include an 'Armee de l'Air' set in their lineup, so far unsuccessfully).
David L-T

Return to “Product Information”