High Level Mail order and stock

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
High Level Kits

High Level Mail order and stock

Postby High Level Kits » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:51 am

Spring is usually a busy time, kicking off with Scalefour North, then York, EM and Railex, so we were well stocked in anticipation and now only waiting for RR+ etches, which are expected this week.

Motors we have are:
new iron core 1215 and 20s (very similar to Canons)
1420/24/26/28s
New coreless 1219 and even newer 1320s.

They’re all on the website. Kits, chassis, hornblocks and other stuff in stock as well.
It’s looking like the post is not its usual, reliable old self, so bear this in mind when waiting for your parcel... and it may yet end up that we send stuff recorder for the foreseeable.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: High Level Mail order and stock

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:52 am

High Level Kits wrote:Spring is usually a busy time, kicking off with Scalefour North, then York, EM and Railex, so we were well stocked in anticipation and now only waiting for RR+ etches, which are expected this week.

Motors we have are:
new iron core 1215 and 20s (very similar to Canons)
1420/24/26/28s
New coreless 1219 and even newer 1320s.

They’re all on the website. Kits, chassis, hornblocks and other stuff in stock as well.
It’s looking like the post is not its usual, reliable old self, so bear this in mind when waiting for your parcel... and it may yet end up that we send stuff recorder for the foreseeable.

Chris,

Thanks for the update. We'll be relying on you for supplies over the coming months.

And the little 48xx chassis kit of yours I started at Missenden three weeks ago will keep me distracted as well...

Missenden Mar 20 (31).JPG

Stay safe,
Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

High Level Kits

Postby High Level Kits » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:44 pm

You keep up the good work too Flymo.

Every so often, someone mentions how unimportant model railways are in relation to big stuff that goes on in the real world. In this instance however, our hobbies and interests become hugely significant, taking attention away from things for a while, helping to pass the enforced downtime and preserving sanity. Forums become the closest thing to a social life available and everyone plays a part in keeping up morale.

Best wishes to everyone.

Chris

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:35 pm

High Level Kits wrote:You keep up the good work too Flymo.

Every so often, someone mentions how unimportant model railways are in relation to big stuff that goes on in the real world. In this instance however, our hobbies and interests become hugely significant, taking attention away from things for a while, helping to pass the enforced downtime and preserving sanity. Forums become the closest thing to a social life available and everyone plays a part in keeping up morale.

Best wishes to everyone.

Chris

Well said Chris.

Take care.

Steve

Steve Carter
Membership Secretary
Steve Carter

DougN

Postby DougN » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:49 pm

Have to agree as I am watching people around me who do not have any interest other than the pub and football (Aussie rules) which means they are more paranoid as all they can think to do is read tweeter. I am even pushing my kids who are home learning for the foreseeable future to find other things to do other than watch Youtube or Netflix. Play with the dog, read the paper, pull out paints and paint a canvas, do something other than sitting doing nothing. It is one thing I am sort of looking forward too is actually getting a few clear hours to do some modelling....V2 motion instructions have been read for the 5th time last night. But I am still at work :cry: as we are still going here in Australia.

Any how all the best. Chris and can you put up some more info on the motors you have? I am interested in what they can be used on.
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Flymo748 wrote:
Chris,

Thanks for the update. We'll be relying on you for supplies over the coming months.

And the little 48xx chassis kit of yours I started at Missenden three weeks ago will keep me distracted as well...

Stay safe,
Flymo

I've built that 48xx chassis kit and its a beaut. complex, because there's a lot of detail, but very enjoyable to build like all High Level products. More power to the Wizard of Wearside!

Steve

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm

steve howe wrote:
Flymo748 wrote:
Chris,

Stay safe,
Flymo

I've built that 48xx chassis kit and its a beaut. complex, because there's a lot of detail, but very enjoyable to build like all High Level products. More power to the Wizard of Wearside!

Steve

Thanks Steve. Having got that far through it in 48 hours, it's clear it's another case that it's easier to build in P4 than the narrower gauges because you have more space to get "stuff" in :-)

I'll be doing a "build diary" series of posts from my Missenden weekend. Someone on the EMGS forum has one to build, as a first loco kit (in EM) and I offered to post some guidance. I'll be doing it on our Forum though, as their's could charitably be referred to as "sub-optimal".

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm

If I didn't still have to work (and I might end up doing longer hours ) I'd be well into the umpteen projects I have underway. Best wishes everyone.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Paul Townsend

Postby Paul Townsend » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Flymo748 wrote:I've built that 48xx chassis kit and its a beaut. complex, because there's a lot of detail, but very enjoyable to build like all High Level products. More power to the Wizard of Wearside!

Flymo

Er, when exactly did a GWR loco run on the GER?

Flymo748 wrote: Having got that far through it in 48 hours, it's clear it's another case that it's easier to build in P4 than the narrower gauges because you have more space to get "stuff" in :-)

Cheers
Flymo

Time to join the Broad Gauge Society, we get even more space :D

High Level Kits

Postby High Level Kits » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 am

Message to anyone with an order already with High Level, or thinking of placing one over the next few weeks:

We are working our way through the current pile – people are obviously laying down stocks to take them over the lockdown – and will try and keep mail order going as long as it’s feasible. The post is not reliable and we have had a few customers saying they’ve not had goods which were posted well over a week ago.

Now we’re going to try recorder delivery, which may add a quid or so on postage costs, but hopefully will be more reliable with a tracking number if needed.

bécasse

Postby bécasse » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:30 am

I am not so sure about that, Chris, as an early-December dispatch from David Franks reached me via Malaysia and a good number of weeks later. At least I didn't get landed with Customs' charges which I had feared - and, yes, I was able to track it all the way.

Return to “Product Information”