Chairs and Rail

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
stephenfreeman

Re: Chairs and Rail

Postby stephenfreeman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Actually it's Karlgarin PermaWay - Phoenix PP are sole agents though you have to buy the code 75 from PPP, the other rail sections are available direct. Don't know about chairs but it would seem logical.
Stephen Freeman
Bespoke Finescale Trackwork and Semaphore Signals 7mm to 4mm scales
http://www.trackandsignals.co.uk
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8tkf7uW9Ec_Ox2cprxikMA

bobwallison

Re: Chairs and Rail

Postby bobwallison » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 pm

I have just bought a pack of Karlgarin rail from my local model shop, no less. I was in a queue behind someone who was stocking up on Hornby set-track - there's irony for you.

First impressions are good. It is crisply rolled in Hi-Ni and without the oil film which seems to contaminate some other manufacturers' product. Dimensions (checked with a mike at several locations on each of four lengths) are: height 1.93mm (1.91) and width 0.91mm (0.92). The figures in brackets are scale equivalent for BS95R rail and are within a thou of the measured dims, which is good enough for me.

I have also threaded on some Exactoscale chairs from the batch that was giving me problems at the start of this thread and I am pleased to report that they fit very nicely. There is minimal distortion of the base and they slide to and fro easily, but without being sloppy.

So that's all very pleasing and I wish Karlgarin's rail had been available a couple of years ago, then this thread might not have existed. The only slight issue is that the rail as-supplied has some built-in reverse curves, but it's no worse than recent batches from C&L, and perhaps a little better.

Enjoy!

Bob

Return to “Product Information”