London Road Models website pictures

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
John McAleely
Web Team

London Road Models website pictures

Postby John McAleely » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:36 am

I've just completed the process of adding around 100 photos to the London Road Models website we host:

http://traders.scalefour.org/LondonRoadModels/

If you're interested in their range, or perhaps curious to see what the models look like when finished, do take a look.

dal-t

Re: London Road Models website pictures

Postby dal-t » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Great job, John, I was only thinking the other day (while contemplating Christmas purchases!) that the 'other' John could do with some updated snaps - et voila, it's done! Just interested to know why it takes two clicks to get an undistorted picture of some of the carriages - 1st thumbnail only showing a part of the model, 2nd compressed horizontally, 3rd showing the vehicle in all its splendour (and proper dimensions). I've had a slight browse around my browser (Firefox 42.0 this evening, it says) and it doesn't seem to be any of my settings, but I'm quite prepared to be told it is my end and everyone else is fine, merely curious as to what is causing the effect.
David L-T

John McAleely
Web Team

Re: London Road Models website pictures

Postby John McAleely » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:00 am

Thank you David. This is a task I've worked on over a period of months, so I'm pleased its useful.

There are at least a three different ways images are shown on the LRM site, and the behaviour you describe is probably how it was intended to work for one of the methods.

The first thumbnails are deliberately restricted to square images, automatically cropped by the software. I presume this is so that the page layout is regular.

I'm not convinced any of the three methods is 'best for everyone', although I would intend to be consistent over time. I'll see what I can do to improve things once the photos have settled in, and any other problems surface.

Return to “Product Information”