LMS welded bogies

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
PeteT

LMS welded bogies

Postby PeteT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Afternoon All,

I was going to post this in the Perseverence topic, but as I composed it I got the feeling it would be dragging that off topic - so decided to start a new one!

Horsetan's comment on the Perseverence topic about the quality/usefulness of the Westward castings gives me a warm feeling - but could anyone clarify whether the LMS welded bogie sides (and other bogie sideframes for that matter) are accurate/a good choice?

The castings are priced very competitively, and welded ones don't appear to be available separate elsewhere. Comet do them, but while the rivetted sides can be obtained separately I can't see welded ones in the list (this may be an oversight with the move across to Wizard, which I will follow up if those are the best option by concencus).

MJT only do rivetted.

5522 can be built as either, and while I like the level of detail that is included, I am settling for the Brassmasters bogie as my standard fit as they really are a simple build and work well - so I am really just after sideframes. I currently only need 1 set of welded bogies though (for a Porthole CK), so I might just build up a pair of 5522 bogies.

Thanks in advance,

Return to “Product Information”