Alan Gibson workshop- Website

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
DougN

Alan Gibson workshop- Website

Postby DougN » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:41 am

Hello all, I am trying to figure out what wheels I need for an A4 (in P4 of course) and a J72 (OK I can do that one as I have the wheels for a J27 ) But The website is on the fritz as I get at work, service unavailable or on the iPad at home... I can get to everything except the catalogue! Can some one mention this to Colin so the problem can be solved! In the mean time does any one have the codes for all the wheels (bogie, driving, trailing, and tender wheels) for an A4. I am intending to do a largish order including wagons and coach wheels... (wallet where have you gone.... hiding under the couch is not going to save you this time! :D )

Thanks in advance
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Alan Gibson workshop- Website

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:09 am

DougN wrote:Hello all, I am trying to figure out what wheels I need for an A4 (in P4 of course) and a J72 (OK I can do that one as I have the wheels for a J27 ) But The website is on the fritz as I get at work, service unavailable or on the iPad at home... I can get to everything except the catalogue! Can some one mention this to Colin so the problem can be solved! In the mean time does any one have the codes for all the wheels (bogie, driving, trailing, and tender wheels) for an A4. I am intending to do a largish order including wagons and coach wheels... (wallet where have you gone.... hiding under the couch is not going to save you this time! :D )

Thanks in advance

Hi Doug,

The website has just worked for me.

Alan Gibson Autumn 2014 Catalogue.pdf

Attached should be a download of the latest cataogue.

HTH
Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

DougN

Postby DougN » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:17 am

Thanks Flymo, it could be just Apple products can't get through the website.. I was using the work IMac and the iPad at home.

I will have work out the list now :D
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

John Duffy

Postby John Duffy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:08 am

I am getting "Service Unavailable" at the http://www.alangibsonworkshop.com address using both Safari and Opera browsers. However when I Googled Alan Gibson and went direct to any of the internal pages I got straight through. Definitely a problem at the server end.

John

David B

Postby David B » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 am

I am using Safari on an iMac and Macbook and having no problem getting on the the website.

The link in the post above worked as well.

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:13 am

I tried www.alangibsonworkshop.com using Windows7 and Firefox. I got "Service Unavailable". One minute later I tried again and got straight into the website. I then refreshed the page and got "Service Unavailable", and then again. Third refresh and I got the website again. Since then I've got in every time. So I suggest you just keep trying - it's a funny old thing the internet.

DT

Guy Rixon

Postby Guy Rixon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 am

It's likely that alangibsonworkshop.com is hosted on a commercial server alongside a few dozen other, small sites. It only takes one of those sites to get exceptional traffic and the whole thing can become unstable. One might guess that it's not alangibsonworkshop.com that's causing excess traffic :-/

Commercial web-hosts typically try to find a balance between shutting down the offending site to protect the server and letting that site continue with excess-bandwidth fees. I'd expect the problem to go away silently in a couple of days.

jon price

Postby jon price » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 am

When you go to the site it says Service Unavailable, but this does not look like a server message as the site menu bar visible at the top. Click on a menu item and you find the site is fullly operational. The service message is on the site, maybe someone hacked it for their own amusement?
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

essdee

Postby essdee » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:41 am

Is it coincidence, I can't get Eileen's Emporium either?

Steve

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:17 am

I think the site is implemented with frames, which would explain why the top menu is sometimes appearing above a 'service unavailable' page.

These sites are good ways to answer this sort of question:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... rkshop.com

And it seems the service is intermittent at the server end right now (and when Doug posted first - I tried then too). If I were Alan Gibson, I'd be asking questions of my website host.

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:21 am

Eileens looks fine to me just now.

https://www.eileensemporium.com

essdee

Postby essdee » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 am

Hmmm, nope - just tried again John. And I updated to Internet Explorer 9 yesterday....

Steve

Return to “Product Information”