Autumn at Missenden Abbey

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
David B

Autumn at Missenden Abbey

Postby David B » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:58 am

The Autumn Gathering, a whole weekend dedicated to practical railway modelling (no shopping, children, gardening or in-laws), is from Friday 24th to Sunday 26th October at Missenden Abbey in Buckinghamshire. So far there are 38 people booked to come and space for more. Although billed as residential, if you live locally you can come in daily and pay a reduced fee.

There are several areas of railway modelling for you to work in. Bob Gledhill is taking a group on 3D printing. Details of the 3D element, which is limited to 8 places, can be found on the 3D Printing page of the Railway Modellers' website. If you are interested solely in the 3D printing, please check with me that a place is available before booking. You will need your own computer and mouse with a scroll wheel.

Other areas on offer with no number limits are locomotive and kit construction (all scales), scenery, airbrushing and weathering and electronics. For the latter there are 3 courses - for the complete beginner (The Bewildered) which explains the basics, another for those with a working knowledge (Initiates) which includes matters DCC, and a third for more advanced train control which involves CBUS and is tutored by Mike Bolton who developed the system.

Details of all the courses available in the Autumn Weekend this October and the Spring Weekend on 6th to 8th March 2015 are on the Missenden Railway Modellers' website.

I will be happy to answer any questions. Contact me via the website or a PM. If any of you are coming to Scaleforum (27th & 28th September), the Railway Modellers have a stand and will be very pleased to chat with you.

David

David B

Re: Autumn at Missenden Abbey

Postby David B » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:22 pm

There is still time for people to book but just 4 bedrooms remain available in the Abbey. The 3D printing course is full; other courses can accommodate people.

David

Return to “Product Information”