GWR cabside number plates

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
jayell

GWR cabside number plates

Postby jayell » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:50 pm

Flymo748 wrote:In the High Level kit, there are actually etched brass plates for all of the locomotives in the class that were built: the original four by Neilson, and the later four by the GER itself. Due to the choices that I made whilst building it, mine is not one of the Neilson engines.
Flymo

I have been googling, as one does, looking for a supplier of GWR number plates similar to the ones Flymo got with his kit but so far I haven't found any supplier. It may be that I am not asking the correct question of course.

I need the number 2115 for my saddle tank loco, I have water/meths slide transfers for the buffer beam numbers, but assuming these locos did in fact wear cast cab side numbers on these locos circa 1906 (I haven't found any photgraphic evidence they did, other than on a couple of models) where can I get a pair. Is it possible to just order them somewhere?

Something I can follow up at Aylesbury perhaps ;)

John Lewis

Philip Hall

Re: GWR cabside number plates

Postby Philip Hall » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Modelmaster do 2116 if this would be close enough for you, 247 Developments don't do anything near. I suggest you get a set of Martin Finney's DIY plates and numbers at Scaleforum.

Philip

jayell

Re: GWR cabside number plates

Postby jayell » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi Phillip

Thanks for the link to Modelmaster, I have ordered 2116 and will have to hope I can find evidence the loco with that number was seen on the branch. I picked 2115 as I have a photo of that engine with that number on the rear buffer beam.

I will certainly enquire regarding the Marin Finney numbers at Aylesbury, 'tis a pity he is retiring as he only lives a few miles away.

Thanks
John

Return to “Product Information”