GW Models price list - May 2013

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

GW Models price list - May 2013

Postby Paul Willis » Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm

As given to me at ExpoEM.

GW Models price list.jpg

Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

nberrington

Re: GW Models price list - May 2013

Postby nberrington » Mon May 20, 2013 2:23 am

Both the quartering jig and the roller are fantastic tools, that are irreplaceable and worth every penny.

Neil B

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am

My God, there's a price list?????? :shock:
That would be an ecumenical matter.

David Catton

Postby David Catton » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Does anyone know whether George still produces his sprung oval buffers?

DC

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:26 am

David Catton wrote:Does anyone know whether George still produces his sprung oval buffers?

Probably easist if you ask him! :)

11 Crowshaw Close, lancing, West Sussex BN15 9LE 01903 767231

Terry Bendall

Brinkly

Postby Brinkly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm

That list looks like it has been produced on my late grandmother's typewriter!

Regards,

Nick

David Catton

Postby David Catton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Terry Bendall wrote:
David Catton wrote:Does anyone know whether George still produces his sprung oval buffers?

Probably easist if you ask him! :)

11 Crowshaw Close, lancing, West Sussex BN15 9LE 01903 767231

Terry Bendall

I duly phoned this morning. Coincidentally, George had located some stock which he had forgotten he had only a day or so ago. The price was agreed, a letter written, a cheque enclosed and posted this afternoon. It did seem strange in this day and age to use the phone to make an enquiry instead of visiting a website and then to write a letter and sign a cheque. I've just "checked" and that was only the fourth cheque I've written this year. The other 3 were 2 subscriptions and a present to a niece. I suspect my grandchildren will never use cheques.

Anyway, if anyone else wants some of these buffers, I wouldn't delay in purchasing them as I gathered George doesn't envisage producing any more.

David C

jayell

Postby jayell » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Brinkly wrote:That list looks like it has been produced on my late grandmother's typewriter!

My wife regularly receives letters from an old friend of her late Mother that have exactly the same apperance, they are typed on an ancient portable typewriter by a 104 year old who despite her age and physical frailty is still very lively minded.

John

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:08 am

David Catton wrote:It did seem strange in this day and age to use the phone to make an enquiry instead of visiting a website and then to write a letter and sign a cheque.

Yes but there are a few small traders who

(a) have a level of business that may not justify a website;
(b) may not be sufficiently computer savvy to know what to do about it. ;)

It does mean that any customers need to do exactly what David has done, but at least we can get the bits that we need and that is probably the important bit.

I wanted an ink cartridge for my ancient colour printer recently. A web site that I found listed them available on special order. I had previously been told they were no longer available so I phoned to check. No longer available. So an order via the web would not have worked. Another supplier had them listed and in stock and this one did have some.

Terry Bendall

David B

Postby David B » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:34 am

David Catton wrote:It did seem strange in this day and age to use the phone to make an enquiry instead of visiting a website and then to write a letter and sign a cheque.

It is only the use of a cheque I find less familiar. I prefer to phone suppliers and give my card details at the same time. I glean useful snippets from them, can check the availability of items and in several cases have found that it would be better to order something different. I get questions answered there and then - it is the same informative chat one gets with our suppliers at exhibitions but without the pressure of other customers hovering on your shoulder.

I am rather disappointed when I am not able to talk to a person with whom I am doing business. I dislike the trend towards lack of contact with people that is becoming more common today. There are occasions when contact does not matter, but I feel the general trend to be undesirable. The internet is a wonderful tool for gathering information but it also makes us very lazy.

Return to “Product Information”