C&L/Exactoscale and selling at shows

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

C&L/Exactoscale and selling at shows

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:11 am

Yesterday at the Ally Pally show I had a good chat with Pete Llewellyn of C&L and he passed me a piece of paper confirming that C&L are changing the way that they attend shows. I can summarise it as:

Due to three reasons:
- Much larger range of stock by including Exactoscale
- Increased lead time in loading the van producing delays in mail-order orders
- A worsening back injury for Pete

he will be carrying out a trial of a different method for C&L to attend shows.

They will take a number of display boards that show "samples" of each product. Customers will not be able to buy directly from C&L at shows. There will be three options:

- Order in advance and collect with free delivery from the show
- Purchase at the show by completing a simple order form and have the parts sent by post after the show
- Make a note of what is required from the displays and order it online or by phone after the show.

Pete realises that these changes may be difficult for customers to adapt to initially. However in view of the challenges it's simply not possible to carry on as before.

Clearly, from us as modellers, we need to be a little more planning to accomodate this way of supplying us. However I'm sure that we will soon adjust to it, and if it helps the overall health of C&L (in many different way) then it can only be a good thing in the long term.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Marketing Manager.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Albert Hall

Re: C&L/Exactoscale and selling at shows

Postby Albert Hall » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:30 am

Looks like the new C&L/Exactoscale website is up and running!

AH

doktorstamp

Postby doktorstamp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am

And the new web address would be??????

regards

NIgel

David B

Postby David B » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:18 am

doktorstamp wrote:And the new web address would be??????

regards

NIgel

The web address is the same as it always has been. http://www.finescale.org.uk

I have spoken with Pete this morning and he is aware that the site is not available at the moment. The new website is being loaded on to the server, a process that can take several hours, so it should be available either later this morning or this afternoon.

Pete also suggested that when the new site is up, you may need to either refresh your screen or clear C&L from your cache for the new site to be seen properly.

David

Return to “Product Information”