An Announcement re Exactoscale

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
andrew jukes

An Announcement re Exactoscale

Postby andrew jukes » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 pm

I wasn't sure where to put the attached as it is a little more than 'Product Information'.

I hope Society members will feel this is a helpful change in terms of current and longer-term availability of Exactoscale products. Obviously, there will be a transition period but I hope the new arrangements will settle down quickly.

Andrew Jukes
Exactoscale Ltd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ Elliott

Re: An Announcement

Postby Russ Elliott » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Will items currently known as 'Exactoscale' ones remain, at least in the short term, under that name?

andrew jukes

Postby andrew jukes » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Russ - I'm sure that, come the changeover on 5th November, it will be clear on the C&L website which products are ex-Exactoscale.
Quite how they will be branded is for Pete Llewellyn to decide.

Regards
Andrew

Paul Townsend

Postby Paul Townsend » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:20 am

andrew jukes wrote:I hope Society members will feel this is a helpful change in terms of current and longer-term availability of Exactoscale products.

Andrew Jukes
Exactoscale Ltd.

Excellent news.
This should secure the future for Exactoscale products.

I hope to see Len at S4um to deliver this message in person but in case of the N08 bus getting me.....

Please ensure Len receives my thankyou for his innovations especially in plastic track parts and elsewhere, wish him well for his health and hope he enjoys his future as developer free from marketing ties.

Horsetan

All change at Exactoscale.....sort-of

Postby Horsetan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 pm

:idea: C&L to absorb Exactoscale range: click here
That would be an ecumenical matter.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: All change at Exactoscale.....sort-of

Postby grovenor-2685 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Why do we need to go to RMweb to read the same announcement Andrew put here first? I'll merge the topics.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Horsetan

Re: All change at Exactoscale.....sort-of

Postby Horsetan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

grovenor-2685 wrote:Why do we need to go to RMweb to read the same announcement Andrew put here first?...

Because Andrew's post hadn't appeared when I put my post up. We must be in different time zones.

andrew jukes

Re: An Announcement re Exactoscale

Postby andrew jukes » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Excuse me, but it was on this site at 22.18 BST yesterday, had been sent to Martin Wynne for Templot at 22.12 BST who (unasked) posted it on RMweb sometime between 22.12 and 22.48 BST and was formally posted on RMweb by Pete Llewellyn sometime around 23.00 BST. What exactly was the problem?

My only difficulty was that it is not 'product information' in the usual sense but more a business reorganisation - not an obvious home for that, hence I put in the Members' Lounge.

So as well as not particularly helpful posts on RMweb, Horsetan's got it wrong on time zones.

Andrew

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Because Andrew's post hadn't appeared when I put my post up.
Odd that I read Andrew's announcement on here last night, and you did not post till lunchtime today. Ah well.
At least we have all got the message.

Nb to Andrew, anyone looking at 'new messages' would see it wherever it was located. I merged the topics which incidentally moved it but I have retained a shadow topic in Members' lounge as well.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm

andrew jukes wrote:had been sent to Martin Wynne for Templot at 22.12 BST who (unasked) posted it on RMweb sometime between 22.12 and 22.48 BST

Hi Andrew,

Not exactly unasked. You wanted me to convey the information to Templot users, so I posted it on the Templot Club forum, and in the Track & Templot section on RMweb. (Andy York has since moved it to the News section.)

You also said that it was being widely circulated from 22:00, so I assumed posting it at 22:37 where Templot users would see it was what you wanted.

regards,

Martin.
40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

Trevor Grout

Postby Trevor Grout » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Andrew,

Would it not be also prudent to put this information on the exactoscale website....

good luck with your future projects as well.

Regards
Trevor

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 am

I think that any move that makes Exactoscale products easier to obtain and ensures that they continue to be available has to be welcomed. The development of track, and especially the turnout kits, under the P4 Track Co banner was a very significant move in making it easier for people to start modelling in P4. I have no connection with Exactoscale other than as a satisfied customer but I think that Len and Andrew need our thanks for the development of the Exactoscale products. Having chatted to Pete Llewellyn in the past, I am sure that the Exactoscale range will be in safe hands.

Terry Bendalll

doktorstamp

Postby doktorstamp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I, too, welcome the change, and feel certain that Exactoscale will be in safe hands. I would however like to see it offered as Exactoscale and continued development of the range maintained, Len's health roller-coaster permitting. To incorporate it into the existing ranges sold by C & L and then drop off items that have a low turnover would, I feel, be a disservice to existing happy and very satisfied customers.

Pete is first and foremost a businessman, however unlike his predecessor he does listen to his customers, and there would be very sound financial reasons for dropping items of low turnover, in this instance though I would strongly suggest biting the bullet, and accepting the rough with the smooth. With this proviso I wish them all well for the future.

regards

Nigel

andrew jukes

Postby andrew jukes » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Yes, Trevor, it would be good to put something on the Exactoscale site but, since upgrading my OS, I have been unable to make any changes. With the other things I've been trying to arrange, it hasn't been a priority.

The move to C&L is going to be difficult to implement smoothly, complicated by difficulties in communicating with Len and conflicting priorities for him. I made the initial suggestion to Pete Llewellyn about a possible move to C&L early this year but problems getting other things sorted out with Len has meant it is only now that we are going ahead.

Len's tasks between now and 12th October are to finalise agreements relating to the new arrangements, deal with outstanding and new orders and of course to prepare for Scaleforum. After 12th October, there will be a stock-take before the Exactoscale stock is moved to Bristol ready for the 5th November start. Pete, not Len, is the person to respond to questions about future arrangements but this will be an extremely busy time for him and answers to most questions will become apparent quite soon without them needing to be asked.

Many concerns about the shape of things to come may anyway be answered by Pete Llewellyn's piece (post #17) on RMweb at:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... finescale/

Regards

Andrew Jukes
Exactoscale Ltd.

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 pm

andrew jukes wrote:it would be good to put something on the Exactoscale site but, since upgrading my OS, I have been unable to make any changes.

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure I understand that. However, if your hosting account includes cPanel as the control panel, it includes a very useful online WYSIWYG HTML editor which can be used from any system anywhere. If not cPanel, most hosting providers have at least a basic file editor in their control panel.

regards,

Martin.
40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

andrew jukes

Postby andrew jukes » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Very interesting, thank you Martin - but what's hard to understand about "it hasn't been a priority."?

Andrew

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am

andrew jukes wrote:Very interesting, thank you Martin - but what's hard to understand about "it hasn't been a priority."?

Nothing. The bit I couldn't understand was having a web site and not being able to change it. Such a thing would be a priority for me.

regards,

Martin.

andrew jukes

Postby andrew jukes » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:27 am

Martin, I still can't see why anything needed to be added to what I originally said.
Perhaps the only bit you didn't understand is that I'm not you.

Andrew

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 am

andrew jukes wrote:Martin, I still can't see why anything needed to be added to what I originally said.

Hi Andrew,

You said "since upgrading my OS, I have been unable to make any changes".

This being a community forum, I thought I would make a helpful suggestion about how you could get round that problem.

regards,

Martin.

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:36 pm

grovenor-2685 wrote:Why do we need to go to RMweb to read the same announcement Andrew put here first? ....

andrew jukes wrote:....Many concerns about the shape of things to come may anyway be answered by Pete Llewellyn's piece (post #17) on RMweb at:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... finescale/

Not going round in circles, Keith :?:

andrew jukes

Postby andrew jukes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:37 pm

I suppose I should be used to how these webforums work. I put out a message which seeks to makes clear that :

a) Len should be left to get on with what really needs to be done;
b) Pete Llewellyn is the appropriate source for information about how this is going to work - but that he will be incredibly busy, and
c) even silly (and ambiguous) comments like Horsetan's "Buy now while stocks last" are largely dealt with by Pete Llewellyn's RMweb post #17.

And we end up with 'last word Martin' insisting the community needs to know how to do something I didn't want to do and 'Horsetan' making yet another nonsensical comment (not seeming to understand the difference between a near-sumultaneous posting on two sites and a posting on just one).

Oh well

Andrew

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:47 pm

andrew jukes wrote:And we end up with 'last word Martin' insisting the community needs to know how to do something I didn't want to do

Hi Andrew,

You actually said:

andrew jukes wrote:it would be good to put something on the Exactoscale site

If you'd said you didn't want to change it, I wouldn't have tried to be helpful.

Martin.

Return to “Product Information”