Kemilway Std class 3

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Mike Garwood

Kemilway Std class 3

Postby Mike Garwood » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Not sure if requests should go in here...anyway..I've inherited one of these little gems, but without the building instructions. Not that the chassis needs instructions, however the whitemetal body does! Does anyone, by chance, have a copy of them that they'd care to share. All reasonable costs covered.

TIA

Mike

Tim V

Re: Kemilway Std class 3

Postby Tim V » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Got one somewhere. I'll look it out.

Built mine as split axle, fully sprung. Used the frame sides, discarded the spacers and Kemilway compensation units.

It was seen running at Cardiff.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Tim

Yes, the springing/compensation units are a bit of 'not one thing or the other'. The design of the positioning of the frame spacers lends it - heavily - towards CSB's. Although looking at the width of the P4 spacers they are not what I'd call a 'standard' width. Bearing in mind, I prefer to use Comets' P4 spacer - unlike you who hacks his own from the solid :D . It was seeing yours run round that's prompted this, it looked a very fine model indeed.

kindest regards

Mike

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 am

Mike Garwood wrote:Hi Tim

Yes, the springing/compensation units are a bit of 'not one thing or the other'. ....

I assume you're referring to the "floating dogbone cradle" that Kemilway adopted as their compensation system? Crownline also adopted it in their Bulleid Pacific kits, and it continues to have a life in PDK kits today. Quite a simple idea that works, if not exactly with the refinement that springs offer.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Mike - just noticed this thread - did you get a copy of the body instructions in the end?
Tim M
Member of the Devon Riviera Area Group.

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Yes thank you Tim. Mr Venton came to my aid.

Nice work on Callow Lane BTW.

regards

Mike

Return to “Product Information”