Mk II Lever Frame - Rolling the quadrant plate

Discussions of the prototypes and how to model them. Show us how you do it.
JFS

Mk II Lever Frame - Rolling the quadrant plate

Postby JFS » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:04 pm

In various discussions about the Society's MkII Lever Frame, people have mentioned that they have difficulty following the instructions to roll the quadrant plate into the correct radius and since this is quite an important aspect, I promised to make a little video to show how it is done. Well, it has taken a while, and it is not very good, but here it is.

I hope that is helpful.

Best Wishes,

Howard

nigelcliffe

Re: Mk II Lever Frame - Rolling the quadrant plate

Postby nigelcliffe » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Doesn't it come out 2.33mm under size by using a Railway Modeller ?

- Nigel

Colin Parks

Postby Colin Parks » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Well, Howard, that is about 100 times faster than I managed to achieve and with seemingly very little effort. The work of a certain Uri Geller comes to mind...

(Interesting choice of RM by the way. I suspect it is the one with an article scratchbuilding Bulleid 2 HAPs. The editors added some history on HAPs Saps and 4CAPs in the article, then had to print a correction in the next issue, because someone wrote in and complained that only BR HAPs were so classified. The strange thing was, the letter writer was wrong as it turned out!)

JFS

Postby JFS » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:06 pm

nigelcliffe wrote:Doesn't it come out 2.33mm under size by using a Railway Modeller ?

- Nigel

:D Some unkind soul suggested it was the best use for that particular Rag... but see below!

Colin Parks wrote:Well, Howard, that is about 100 times faster than I managed to achieve and with seemingly very little effort. The work of a certain Uri Geller comes to mind...

No phoney illusionism here! Told you it was easy - even in the absence of Will's thigh - it just needs a bit of self confidence.

Colin Parks wrote:(Interesting choice of RM by the way. I suspect it is the one with an article scratchbuilding Bulleid 2 HAPs. The editors added some history on HAPs Saps and 4CAPs in the article, then had to print a correction in the next issue, because someone wrote in and complained that only BR HAPs were so classified. The strange thing was, the letter writer was wrong as it turned out!)

You are quite right - it is that one. I don't often buy the modeller but you provided an excellent reason to buy that one! Seems I should have bought the two subsequent issues as well!

Very Best Wishes,

JFS

Postby JFS » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 pm

nigelcliffe wrote:Doesn't it come out 2.33mm under size by using a Railway Modeller ?

- Nigel

:D Some unkind soul suggested it was the best use for that particular Rag... but see below!

Colin Parks wrote:Well, Howard, that is about 100 times faster than I managed to achieve and with seemingly very little effort. The work of a certain Uri Geller comes to mind...

No phoney illusionism here! Told you it was easy - even in the absence of Will's thigh - it just needs a bit of self confidence.

Colin Parks wrote:(Interesting choice of RM by the way. I suspect it is the one with an article scratchbuilding Bulleid 2 HAPs. The editors added some history on HAPs Saps and 4CAPs in the article, then had to print a correction in the next issue, because someone wrote in and complained that only BR HAPs were so classified. The strange thing was, the letter writer was wrong as it turned out!)

You are quite right - it is that one. I don't often buy the modeller but you provided an excellent reason to buy that one! Seems I should have bought the two subsequent issues as well!

Very Best Wishes,

Edit:- Colin says "an article" - he wrote it - and first-rate scratchbuilding it is as well.

Will L

Postby Will L » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:44 pm

JFS wrote:No phoney illusionism here! Told you it was easy - even in the absence of Will's thigh - it just needs a bit of self confidence.

Exactly

Return to “Signals and Control Systems”