My first p4 loco build mercian barclay diesel.

Help and advice for those starting in, or converting to P4 standards. A place to share modelling as a beginner in P4.
Simon Moore

Re: My first p4 loco build mercian barclay diesel.

Postby Simon Moore » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi Enigma yes I'm going to do an interior. I've had to cut some of the bulkhead away so I could get the motor in. As a result it is protruding into the cab.
I think I can use the etchings supplied to hide the motor but would like to add more detail.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 pm

This is the one I made for mine. There weren't any parts in the body I obtained. Perhaps the original version of the kit didn't have any.

Barclay Diesel Control Desk Painted.1.A.jpg

I've a feeling the 2 levers are a bit to long but they won't be easy to get out now! At least it fills the cab and eliminates an empty space ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Simon Moore

Postby Simon Moore » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:23 am

That looks ace I shall have a go at replicating that over the weekend.

Last night i got the airbrush running & did a bit of weathering. I used some vallejo air acrylics, weathering powders & some humbrol washes.

I have a few rust spots to add & the odd bit here & there but the bulk of it is now done.

20201203_203256.jpg

20201203_203246.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:20 pm

PM me your e-mail and I can send you my photos of the cab interior from Foxfield.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 pm

Simon Moore wrote:That looks ace I shall have a go at replicating that over the weekend.

Last night i got the airbrush running & did a bit of weathering. I used some vallejo air acrylics, weathering powders & some humbrol washes.

That's toned it down nicely... You have a cracking prototype photo in the first post in this thread to work to.

I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Simon Moore

Postby Simon Moore » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:55 am

I managed to get a better photo last night which I think shows it in a better light than before.
A few rust patches to paint on but I'm happy with the end result. Final details this weekend then I can start my next build which is a parkside mineral on a rumney models sprung chassis.

20201204_200408.jpg

20201204_200323.jpg

garethevans1986

Postby garethevans1986 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:32 am

At first I thought "oh no he's ruined it by sticking a really glossy green over it!"...but acctually once it's toned down and weathered she looks good.

Nice chassis build too.

Would you say the kit was an easy one to build?

Thanks
Gareth
Gareth O. Evans
IT Consultant/Director of Web46 IT Solutions
Croes Newydd Yard

Diesel Crank

Return to “Starting in P4”