Wheelsets

Help and advice for those starting in, or converting to P4 standards. A place to share modelling as a beginner in P4.
Strandline

Wheelsets

Postby Strandline » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 pm

I am going to try several methods of converting some wagons I have to P4 to see which works best for me.

As part of this I obviously need some wheels, so was going to order some Alan Gibson wheelsets through the S4 stores. Thing is, they are shown as being priced in packets. Not having bought any before how many wheels come in a packet? I would imagine four but thought it better to ask than order the wrong amount :)

And while I am asking, do they include axles and bearings? I see the packets of bearings are out of stock, so might be tricky to fit without them!

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: Wheelsets

Postby grovenor-2685 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Alan Gibson sells wheels as pairs on an axle,
Seehis catalogue which says, on the wheel page
They are supplied mounted on a blackened steel pinpoint axle 26mm long,
2mm diameter and are sold as single axles
From Alan Gibson they are £1.35 per axle, so i am sure that the £2.85 price from the stores is for two axles.

Bearings are seperate, you don't need bearings just to fit the wheels to an RTR chassis but you do if using an etched subframe to do compensation or springing.

If bearings are out of stock at the stores you are probably better off buying direct from AG. Its best to get the 'waisted' bearings.
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Strandline

Re: Wheelsets

Postby Strandline » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:48 am

Thanks Keith, much appreciated.

Return to “Starting in P4”