Morgan Design underframes

Help and advice for those starting in, or converting to P4 standards. A place to share modelling as a beginner in P4.
robpieroni

Morgan Design underframes

Postby robpieroni » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:03 am

Hi all. I'm all ready to dive in andstart my first Morgan underframe. Heaven only knows how many times I've read through the Instruction Sheets and I dare say that if I take it slowly & methodically I'll get there and get quicker as we go on. But here's a question. There's a couple of parts on the etch to which I can find no reference in the instructions other than they're noted on the etch sketch as "OD BARS" ( RH Side on this extract from the Brian Morgan notes ). Can anyone help and say what they are ?? I'm all prepared to say 'D'oh !!', but right now I'm scratching my head..... Thanks !!!
Morgan etch.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David B

Re: Morgan Design underframes

Postby David B » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:08 pm

What a good question! I have no idea, made umpteen of these underframes and those 'OD bars' have accumulated with other spare brass bits in a box.

I shall be interested to find out what they are meant to be and where they go.

markdavy

Postby markdavy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:33 pm

The ‘OD bars’ are in fact ‘OO bars’. They are used for OO models in place of the tabs marked ‘E’ on the diagram, used for P4 and EM.

They are mentioned in the instructions towards the foot of the page labelled ‘Page 16’, and in more detail on ‘Page 43’.

I’ve spent years studying Brian’s instructions, and I’m still learning.

Rob, I’ll send you an email with a restructured version of the instructions, which may be useful.

Good luck !

Mark

robpieroni

Postby robpieroni » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:57 pm

Mark, many thanks. I'm allowed my promised " D'oh !! " then. Serves me right skipping over the paragraphs referenced 00 Gauge, haha. Really appreciate the response.

markdavy

Postby markdavy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:57 pm

Rob,

It does look like 'OD' ! There are so many pages, you've got to skip over some of them. :)

I've sent you an email.

Mark

Return to “Starting in P4”