P4 Wine? OTT but some may be intrigued

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
David Catton

P4 Wine? OTT but some may be intrigued

Postby David Catton » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:53 pm

Bordeaux '1883', Sichel 2020

Made by Maison Sichel, owners of Châteaux Angludet and Palmer in Margaux, the Cuvée 1883 celebrates the year that the family business was established, and is a fine example of the innovation and attention to detail that has made the Sichels a leading light in the Bordeaux firmament. This unoaked 100% merlot it is a deliciously fresh, juicy and appealing claret made without the addition of sulphur. It was produced at the Belair winery, home to The Wine Society’s most popular red wine, The Society’s Claret. Enjoy with bangers and mash or a fricassé of chicken. Sulphur is an antioxidant which helps prevent wines from spoiling, and eschewing its use means that extremely careful handling of the grapes and juice is required throughout the winemaking process to ensure that the wine maintains its freshness. The Sichel winemaking team has the technical expertise and equipment to achieve this and we are delighted to be able to offer it to members confident in the knowledge that is will remain fresh and appetising over the course of this year.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: P4 Wine? OTT but some may be intrigued

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:43 pm

Alas, not the best of reviewers' comments on it :-(

I would probably agree if I tried some, having more of a preference for full-bodied reds. If they produce more under the same branding, I may be sufficiently intrigued to try a bottle...

Cheers
Paul
(Wine Society member since I was introduced to it by Jol of London Road fame)
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Guest Book”