Importing NWSL stuff

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Proto87Stores

Importing NWSL stuff

Postby Proto87Stores » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:52 pm

The high cost of importing small items from the USA is mostly due to the applicable US postage rates.

The lowest postage rate for a small package from the US to the UK is the USPS First Class $16.25 up to 8 oz rate, regardless of how light the package actually is. Between 8 oz and 2 Lbs, the rate is $26.00. Those rates do not include an insurance option. To have the option of insurance, you have to use the USPS International Priority rates, which are approximately double.

To add insult to injury, the UK Customs very low "Value" bar (about UKP 12.00?) for adding UK Duty assessment fees and Duty/VAT charges includes the US postage cost when calculating the value of the package contents.

However, the maximum thickness of a simple letter from the US is I think 1/4 inch. So something like a few NWSL tiny plastic UJ's should be able to be sent in a strong plain envelope for around a couple of Dollars. Even a small set of P87 wheels (off axles of course ) might be possible by that route.

If there is someone here who would like me to send something specially needed for P4 or P87 modelling that way, I would be happy to help, gratis of course.

Andy

Return to “Guest Book”