RE: Jig Track building system

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Proto87stores

RE: Jig Track building system

Postby Proto87stores » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:22 pm

I have no knowledge of the Exactoscale jig design, but I designed and still use (and am still extending) a successful jig positioning and holding system to build extremely accurate and realistic US Proto:87 and/or HO turnouts and track that sounds as though it has some similarities. And of course the same technology and techniques can be applied to P4 and other similar small scale trackwork.

It was displayed on the Association Scaleforum stand in the mid 2000's and was officially reviewed and written up, along with the "Fast Tracks" jigs for comparison in the NMRA's association magazine in 2008

The fully illustrated article is available on my website at:

http://www.proto87.com/The-Ultimate-Track-Story.html

The extended system works for both straight and curved "flowing" trackwork and turnouts, crossings etc. without needing accurate paper templates and separate track gauges. Providing the instructions are followed, no accurate measuring, filing or soldering or handcrafting particular skill is required.

Andy

Return to “Guest Book”