Re: Spur Gears Enquiry

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
PeckettChap

Postby PeckettChap » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Hello,

In response to the thread entitled 'Spur Gears' started by Michael Waldron, it may be of benefit to review the plastic spur gears sold on ebay by user 'gadgetskingdom' .
Amongst the many they list are ones manufactured by a company called Uxcell, and their range includes various teeth quantities and combinations in mod0.5 sizing, for both tight and sliding fit on 2mm axles.
I have obtained some of their combination ones (ie: two gears in one moulding) as they seem to offer potential for home-made gearing in 4mm scale locos.

Also, to add to the comments about the metal spur gears orignated by MRRC, they are still in business and supplying gears, but the ones they made in the 1970s, typically in packs of 10T/12T/15T/30T, are not on the MRRC website.

Though this may be of use to someone.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Of course, if you don't fancy the N20 motors with gearboxes that are in the MIke Edge link I gave you can just buy them and use only the gears. :)
Still a good price it that's all you use.
eg. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=N20+motors&_sacat=0
In fact if you scroll down the page you will find the gearheads on sale without the motors, under £2.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Return to “Guest Book”