Chester Breakdown Train

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Richard Oldfield

Chester Breakdown Train

Postby Richard Oldfield » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi,

A very quick update on Mostyn which has just returned from the newly-established Great British Model Railway Show at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon.

The stock roster on duty at Gaydon amounted to 732 items and this included no fewer than 16 items making their debuts - of which the five vehicle Chester Breakdown Train was the undoubted star.

This features a 30T Cowans Sheldon steam crane and match wagon scratchbuilt by Mike Rapson plus three scratchbuilt support coaches built by myself. The coaches use Palatine Models underframe and bogie kits plus some other components kindly supplied by Ralph Robertson and used on coaching stock built for Manchester MRS's Slattocks Junction layout. Although butchered by British Railways to create tool vans and a staff support coach these vehicles were originally LMS Period 1 brake coaches of various designs.

This short video shows Crewe-allocated 24081 pulling away from Mostyn with the Chester breakdown train:-

https://www.facebook.com/barrowmoremode ... 187627932/

Cheers,

Richard Oldfield

DougN

Re: Chester Breakdown Train

Postby DougN » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:11 am

That is a beautiful model of the crane and support coaches. Mostyn is one of those layouts that I hear about but havn't seen much in the way of photographs. One day I may be able to see it in the flesh. I hope it is still around when i finally make it back to the UK!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

ralphrobertson

Re: Chester Breakdown Train

Postby ralphrobertson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi Richard,

Glad it all worked out for you, looks very good I must say and it is nice to see something unusual - love the crane.

Ralph

Return to “Guest Book”