DJH spares

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Alistair Wright

DJH spares

Postby Alistair Wright » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Are DJH kits still in production? If so can anyone give me their address please? I cannot connect to their website as my computer says they are not a safe site.

John McAleely
Web Team

Re: DJH spares

Postby John McAleely » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:32 pm

This appears to be their website:

https://www.djhmodelloco.co.uk/

And these are the contact details I can see there:

DJH Model Loco*, Project House, Consett Business Park, Villa Real, Consett, County Durham, DH8 6BP

* A brand name of DJH Engineering Ltd.

Email us: info@djhmodelloco.co.uk
Call us: 01207 500 050

Carina M

Postby Carina M » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm

In March of this year I purchased some parts from DJH for a kit bought several decades ago - a CR Jumbo 0-6-0, using the "Spare Parts Request form" on their website (as listed above) as I am finally getting round to building it (with new frames from Alan Gibson, CSB suspension using High Level hornblocks and gearbox, etc.). No doubt it helped that the kit in question is still listed as available. The parts I requested were all delivered promptly. So I would say yes, go for it if you need replacement parts.

Carina

Alisair Wright

Postby Alisair Wright » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks for that. They do get around a bit, don't they. I have just found the general information sheet from the kit instructions which has a totally different address, but still in .Consett. I once spent a wet weekend in November there, troubleshooting in their steelworks (long gone). It really was the RC hole of the North.

Return to “Guest Book”