DCC Concepts Rolling Road

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Proto87Stores

DCC Concepts Rolling Road

Postby Proto87Stores » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:10 pm

I purchased a trade qty of sets of the DCC RR product, intending to offer them for Proto:87 members, but did not test them right away. Unfortunately many months later I discovered that the 16.5 mm (clearly labelled) gauge setting was actually around 15.5 mm and they were useless for any sort of accurate 00/HO applications.

I presume the P4 setting is accurate and I'm happy to donate my moderate stock to the S4 Society Stores, just for the postage required to send them over to the UK. Less than 30 US$ for all 100 or so I suspect. Other wise, if the society is not interested, then Ditto for any member who contacts me directly

Andy

Proto87Stores

Re: DCC Concepts Rolling Road

Postby Proto87Stores » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 pm

I've received no response from the S4 Society Board, and just one personal inquiry, so I will instead redesign the remaining items to be part of a clearly much needed, model vehicle, per-wheel, dynamic weighing system.

Andy

jasp

Postby jasp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Andy
I can understand your disappointment as I would have expected the society to “have bitten your hand off” for these.
I did not respond as I assumed the Society would
Will do so now.
Jim P

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Andy, same for me, will make contact when I work out how to, as you’re in the Guest Book, not a member!

Philip

jon price

Postby jon price » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:31 pm

I'm interested also, I'm guessing the best way to contact you is through your shop site.

Jon Price
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

Will L

Postby Will L » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Philip Hall wrote:Andy, same for me, will make contact when I work out how to, as you’re in the Guest Book, not a member!

Philip

Andy and Proto 87 Stores can be reached at
contact@proto87.com
his website is
http://www.proto87.com/
Andy is in America

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for the link, Will. Just come back from there, well Hawaii really, still the other side of The Pond.

Philip

bobwallison

Postby bobwallison » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:20 am

Andy,
I hope you don't sell all of them for rolling roads, because I would be very interested in the wheel weighing option.

What is it with DCC that so much of what they produce turns out to be wide of the mark? 6 bolt fishplates? Point motors that sound like cement mixers, with built in gear slip?

Regards,
Bob

Proto87Stores

Postby Proto87Stores » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:02 pm

bobwallison wrote:I hope you don't sell all of them for rolling roads, because I would be very interested in the wheel weighing option.

I will respond to the accumulated private requests next week. Please however note the disproportionate UK wealth extraction system for small US based suppliers involves outsourcing the test of whether customs duty is due to a for profit 3rd part company, which I think charges a UKP12.00 fee for just looking. The small duty free allowance for very low value imports is considerably offset by the fact that the assessed low value amount includes the shipping postage as well. Since the US parcel post (usps.com) now charges it's minimum postage of US$13.00 on all international packets under 8 oz, you can see that it is far (make that far, far, far) better to send multiple items in one shipment rather than send them individually. Hence my suggestion that I send all the rolling roads to the S4 Society for them to distribute how that may.

And just for the record, I do design and supply what is possibly the World's quietest as well as small, inexpensive and highly reliable Switch machine :) See youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwdK5Psbsxs

jasp

Postby jasp » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Andy
Your comments are well founded.
I would be willing to take the rolling roads and distribute to those interested as required.
Jim P

Return to “Guest Book”