David Goodwin

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Rchard Oldfield

David Goodwin

Postby Rchard Oldfield » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Dear all,

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that David Goodwin passed away in the early hours of this morning.

As an excellent self-taught modeller making first class contributions to layouts such as Plemsworth, Adavoyle (later Adavoyle Junction) and Mostyn, David would be notable enough. It was, however, his willingness to generously share his knowledge with others which was very special.

A thoroughly decent man who will be sadly missed by all who had the privilege to share time with him.

Richard Oldfield

Re: David Goodwin

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Dear all,

David Goodwin's funeral is at Blacon Crematorium (near Chester) on Monday 30th July at 2.40pm.

David had a wide circle of friends in the hobby - many dating back to beyond the internet age and some of whom may not be on the internet now. Unfortunately we do not have access to his address book so could I please ask people to pass this information on. We have a few copies of 'Precision' dating back to 1973-75 so David's connection with finescale modelling goes back a long way.

Thank you.

Richard Oldfield

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 am

Richard,

On behalf of the Society, and the Committee, thanks for sharing with us the sad news.

David's contribution to the hobby was wide, and I'm sure that elements of it will long live on as his legacy.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Oh dear, so sorry to read this. Dave was an inspiration to me from the day we first met way back in the 70's when we were both modelling Cambrian Rlwys. He sent me lots of info. on Cambrian matters and also the finer details of the 'Adavoyle' methods of loco construction. When I saw him regularly he did tend to smoke a lot - and was an inveterate real ale drinker! I sadly haven't seen him for several years and would seriously have considered attending his funeral - but it is the same day as the funeral of another friend, Bob Smith, who was a past S4Soc. and Wakefield RMS member. I am sure that several other people will be in the same situation.

RIP Dave! It was an honour to have known you.

Return to “Guest Book”