RE: 3D printed turnouts

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
proto87stores

RE: 3D printed turnouts

Postby proto87stores » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm

With reference to the 3D Printed turnouts topic, I would like to mention that preformed nickel silver rail head top layers for almost all needed common crossings (a.k.a. frogs in the US) sizes have been available from the Proto:87 Stores for a decade or so. They work completely successfully whether glued to injection moulded, 3D printed plastic bases or further nickel silver metal under layers. In fact I understand Chris McCarthy had them displayed on the Scalefour Society exhibition stand back for some time around 2000 or so.

They come in two flange way size versions: 00/HO and for P4. and sizes from #4 up to #10. The top layer glued down is also the method we use for the inset track product line. And of course we have the matching solid machined Nickel Silver points and feeder strips needed as well.

If Martin Wynne would be so kind as to pass on the proto:87 stores site detail to Andrew Barrowman, I can provide him with more details directly.

Andy

Martin Wynne

Re: RE: 3D printed turnouts

Postby Martin Wynne » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm

proto87stores wrote:If Martin Wynne would be so kind as to pass on the proto:87 stores site detail to Andrew Barrowman, I can provide him with more details directly.

Hi Andy,

Have done: http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?i ... 476#p23476

But why not join in the discussion on Templot Club yourself?

cheers,

Martin.
40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

Proto87stores

Postby Proto87stores » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Martin Wynne wrote:
proto87stores wrote:If Martin Wynne would be so kind as to pass on the proto:87 stores site detail to Andrew Barrowman, I can provide him with more details directly.

Hi Andy,

Have done: http://85a.co.uk/forum/view_topic.php?i ... 476#p23476

But why not join in the discussion on Templot Club yourself?

cheers,

Martin.

Thanks for the invite. I will sign up shortly.

Andy

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Proto87stores wrote:Thanks for the invite. I will sign up shortly.

Hi Andy,

You are already a member. Joined 29th Dec 2007. User name: Andy Reichert

If you have forgotten your password, let me know and I will set a temporary one for you.

cheers,

Martin.
40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

proto87stores

Postby proto87stores » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Martin Wynne wrote:
Proto87stores wrote:Thanks for the invite. I will sign up shortly.

Hi Andy,

You are already a member. Joined 29th Dec 2007. User name: Andy Reichert

If you have forgotten your password, let me know and I will set a temporary one for you.

cheers,

Martin.

Yes please

Andy
contact@proto87.com

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Andy, Email sent. Martin.

Return to “Guest Book”