Peckett vs. Airfix 0-4-0 Saddle Tank

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Proto87Stores

Peckett vs. Airfix 0-4-0 Saddle Tank

Postby Proto87Stores » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:18 pm

I was just fiddling around with my old, not yet assemble Airfix 0-4-0, with a view to making up a fully equalized chassis as a demonstration, when I see that something called a Peckett has turned up on this forum.

Question 1. Are they the same, if not what's the difference?

Question 2. Would anyone be interested in a suitable chassis kit (with wheels, which I can certainly supply)), for P4 and 00-P if I completed such.

Andy

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: Peckett vs. Airfix 0-4-0 Saddle Tank

Postby grovenor-2685 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Question 1. Are they the same,

Yes, in that both are small 0-4-0 saddle tank engines.
No in that they are different designs with pretty much every component different in detail.
Plenty pictures of both on the web.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Armchair Modeller

Postby Armchair Modeller » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:08 pm

High Level already do a chassis kit for the class depicted in the Airfix kit, though it is really intended for the Hornby RTR version.

Proto87Stores

Postby Proto87Stores » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Thanks for the quick responses.

No point in duplicating stuff that's out there. I'll just stick to making up the Airfix as a 4 wheel equalization, one-off, test of concept unit. Power bogies don't need the fore-aft stability that 0-4-0's and 0-6-0's do and I do want to solve that problem well.

Andy

Return to “Guest Book”