Preformed K frogs

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Proto87Stores

Preformed K frogs

Postby Proto87Stores » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:09 pm

FYI. Early versions of Pre-formed K frogs for FB track :

Sorry for the poor picture. These are just quick flatbed scans, so not very 3 dimensional. These are #6 in both HO/00 and P4/P87 versions. I'm working on having #3, 4, 5 and 6 ready well before year end. The P4 versions and my ordinary P4 frogs should make it far easier for P4 novices, or even old hands, to build diamonds and single/double slips successfully and reliably.

More when the final versions arrive.

Andy

Proto87Stores

Re: Preformed K frogs

Postby Proto87Stores » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Note the short extra width of (doubled up) rail on the outside of the running rails shallow "Vee".

These are very common "easer rails" in US track practice and obvious if left off. I'd appreciate any input as to whether these are used at all in UK practice.

TIA

Andy

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Not something I have ever seen in UK track,
Link here to BR {WR} info http://www.norgrove.me.uk/GWRtracknotes/R43xxb.pdf
I could email you some more recent info if you like.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

proto87stores

Postby proto87stores » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:09 pm

The Proto87 Stores range of K frogs (aka shallow crossings) has now increased to include #4 and well as #6 angles. These make it very much easier and faster to build diamonds and slips for flat bottom rail.

For The P4 enthusiasts, the flange ways of all our Proto:87 frogs are fully compatible with P4 standards. Also the US practice outside "easer rails" boundary is now marked for easy grinding off to better match UK practice.

Andy

Return to “Guest Book”