Why no advert for S4north on UKModelshops?

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
CPartington

Why no advert for S4north on UKModelshops?

Postby CPartington » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:17 pm

I like to see what's going on in the North by looking on the UK Modelshops guide, here - http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events#.UV9qgjdc3Xw
but there is no entry there for S4North, which is one of my favourite exhibitions. Is this an oversight or is it policy?

dal-t

Re: Why no advert for S4north on UKModelshops?

Postby dal-t » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:06 pm

I've also commented recently on use - or not - of the 'Directory', but maybe part of the problem is its title. Unless you know by having visited it, you could be excused for thinking it was just a list of shops. Personally, while I have consulted that bit from time to time, I've always found the Events and Suppliers sections the most useful. Now that Events don't have much relevance for me, I still look up suppliers from time to time and it mystifies me why not all of them keep their entries up-to-date. Since listing of Events is free, I don't see why the Society, or the organisers of specific Society events, don't use it. Maybe one of 'them' could explain?
David L-T

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:14 pm

CPartington wrote:Is this an oversight or is it policy?

I would imagine an oversight - I believe we normally list our shows there.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 pm

CPartington wrote:I like to see what's going on in the North by looking on the UK Modelshops guide, here - http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events#.UV9qgjdc3Xw
but there is no entry there for S4North, which is one of my favourite exhibitions. Is this an oversight or is it policy?

An oversight. As has been said, something called "UK Model Shops" is not the natural place that one would expect to find a listing of exhibitions...

I'll send the show details over on Sunday.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Marketing Manager
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Guest Book”