New products from Lanarkshire Models

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

New products from Lanarkshire Models

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Just a heads up for some new products available from next week, namely ---- Vacuum cylinders for wagons and coaches. The cylinders come with the separate lever and a mounting washer which fixes between the floor and the cylinder and can be fixed to have the cylinder vertical or slightly canted.
VC01 18'' for wagons, VC02 21'' for heavy wagons and coaches.
Also a new loco buffer LB12 OLEO diesel loco buffer 22'' head.
Lanarkshire Models will be at Scalefour North with a small sales stand and hopefully may have some new NER bufferstops available.
Items will be on the website when available.

All the best,
Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

iak

Re: New products from Lanarkshire Models

Postby iak » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:00 pm

Mmmmmmmmm 8-)
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Steve Taylor

Postby Steve Taylor » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:08 pm

NER bufferstops? Oooh. Radar locked on. I'll see you at Wakefield.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:48 pm

New items now up on the website.

Vacuum cylinders for wagons and coaches

OLEO diesel buffer will be in short supply until next week though.

All the best,

Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi Steve, still to finish the masters for the latest NER bufferstops then make the mould, cast the items then package them, I might get one done, two if I'm lucky.

All the best,
Dave Franks

Steve Taylor

Postby Steve Taylor » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:31 am

Even a looksee would be worthwhile.... cos lets face it I've 99.5% of a layout still to build before I get to needing to stop things falling off the end, but its a Pavlov style reaction upon seeing "NER". I'll pop by at Wakefield for a chat.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi Steve, the masters for the next NER bufferstop are now made and the mould should be poured tomorrow so at least one new stop block will be available at Scalefour North.
Even if you only want a look it would be good to put a face to the name.

Dave Franks

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:53 pm

New NER cast iron bracket bufferstops are now up on the website.
Plus new coupling rods for,
LMS Ivatt and BR 2mt tank and tender locos.
WD 2-8-0 locos.
LMS Stanier 8F 2-8-0 locos.

All available now.

Dave Franks.

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Dave Franks wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Sorry that took a few days to approve!

iak

Postby iak » Sat May 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Just received some of the new vacuum cylinders.
Prompt delivery and the cylinders are fabbo castings

A very happy customer :thumb
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Robert Fripp

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Tue May 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Universal coupling rods etch looks a challenge for the 15xx....
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Well people, I've finally got around to putting the new stuff on the website, hooray do I hear you cry... Yes I had to restock some things after EXPO North but a few hours casting after a few days off has replenished the missing items.
At EXPO Nth the new loco lamps went down a storm, the small LNER lamp is the first product to use 3D printing for the master but other items that were printed I wasn't too happy with so it's back to hand crafting for them.
The new Diesel OLEO buffer with the smaller head (as suggested by an insistant customer, he knows who he is) sold a few but people didn't perhaps know it was available.
Another item that had been asked for is the etch for the deep ballast box under the LMS Stanier guards van, a new etch for the box has been done and a pack containing the etch, correct buffers, coupling hooks and vac pipes if needed is available.
The new coach vents too were well received at EXPO Nth, LMS torpedo and ridge dome vents in packs of twenty.
And of course the new and last of the NER bufferstops has been selling 'okay' but perhaps the next one will light some fires, an LNER standard type to suit anywhere from London to Aberdeen... Available in a few weeks.

All the best,

Dave Franks.

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:07 pm

a gentle bump, since this waited in the moderation queue a few days (sorry!)

dave Franks

Postby dave Franks » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi all, after a frustrating few weeks trying to get the website to upload new items, with a move to a new server and an updated package we've finally managed to get the new items up there.

The new LNER standard bufferstop BS18 has sold a few using the instruction to order BS17 but send an email to confirm BS18, this now has it's own page so ordering is as normal.

The new chimney pots sold well at the recent EMGS Borders group 'Workshop Wise' with numerous nice comments.

The new smaller head diesel buffer error has been corrected and has been selling.

Hornby/Dapol LMS guards van detailing kit has been added for those that don't want the full track cleaning device but want the ballast box, buffers, coupling hooks and vac pipes if required.

Loco lamps have been selling very well particularly the small LNER type which has been out of stock twice now but stocks are back to reasonable levels. New loco lamps, guards van lamps and tail lamps are being worked on but don't hold your breath.

I had been asked a number of times about traditional baseboard alignment dowels and being able to buy direct from our stand or on the website would be good so we now have a small stock of them, if they sell okay we will continue to hold a good stock.

Hopefully the website problems are behind us and we can now develop the site further when time permits.

Thanks for your continued support.

David & Fiona Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi all, just to let you know, the Lanarkshire Models website can't be updated once again and it looks likely we will be moving to a more reliable host in the future.... The website is still working though as far as you lot being able to purchase items but we are unable to add the new items that have been available for the last month, these include the new LNER straight leg bufferstop BS19, GNR Type D bufferstop BS20 and the various loco, tail and guards van side lamps. Also, for information, I've been replacing worn moulds recently and the latest is BS02 LMS/BR bufferstop which is a lovely crisp casting once again. New moulds for BS01,03,04 have also been done in recent months and the programme of replacement moulds will continue as required.
The GNR bufferstop which was brought forward on the list as a special request by a club building a new layout who are now not answering their emails have now been packaged for general sale with some already sold to people 'in the know'. I won't be doing that again as other items I wanted out for Model Rail Scotland missed the boat....
As the LMS website doesn't yet have the details or pictures dare I say go to RMweb and look up the 'New stuff from Lanarkshire Models' thread where photos have been posted.
Of-course one could also wait till S4 North where we will have stocks of everything though we have now dropped the baseboard dowels due to the exorbitant cost they want for carriage to Scotland....
If anyone is interested in any of these items please email and we can sort out payment through the website or by snailmail.

All the best and see you at S4N.

Dave Franks

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:12 pm

I've had a communication from our website hosts to say they will be doing 'maintenance' on the troublesome server to try to solve the problem most of their customers are having, namely not being able to update their webpages.

The hosts also say they hope the 'new' server will deliver a better service. So, which is it? - Maintenance of an old server or an introduction of a new server, who knows but it wouldn't be hard to deliver a better service.

They say our website would be unavailable at times this Thursday.

Dave Franks

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:59 am

If you maintain a server with a hammer, at some point the thing must be replaced....

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Dave Franks wrote:I've had a communication from our website hosts to say they will be doing 'maintenance' on the troublesome server to try to solve the problem most of their customers are having, namely not being able to update their webpages.

The hosts also say they hope the 'new' server will deliver a better service. So, which is it? - Maintenance of an old server or an introduction of a new server, who knows but it wouldn't be hard to deliver a better service.

They say our website would be unavailable at times this Thursday.

Dave Franks

It's like any product that's new and improved. Ok which?
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

jsherratt

Postby jsherratt » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Is there any progress (he says, hopefully) with the earlier pattern LNWR buffer stop with the wooden beam?

John

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

Hi John, sorry for the late reply, I have now got a very good drawing of the LNWR stops which shows more clearly the different arrangement of the brackets for the wooden beam version so I should be able to do one sometime this year!!!!
At the moment I'm working on more LNER types of the pre-group companies and the GNR type D (BS20) is back in stock and is now available on the website after being completely sold out at Scalefour North. The other one which sold out was, surprisingly, the LNER straight leg bufferstop (BS19) also back in stock after a mammoth casting session.
Thanks to all for the nice comments re. our products at Scalefour North and hopefully next time we might even get a mention in the guide....

Dave Franks
Lanarkshire Models & Supplies.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi All, the RIV/UIC/French buffer is now up on the website for purchase, some have already been packed for pre-orders but I can quickly do more if I run out.
The buffer is 2'-01/2'' with a 16'' dia head and comes in two parts which easily push together (code B038). These buffers were seen in the UK on Continental Ferry wagons, Military wagons and heavy hopper wagons as well as occasional fitting on other wagons. Prices are £2.50 or £3.50 pre-assembled.

Also available from last night are the LNER/BR loco lamps (LB04) which were most common on the Eastern, North Eastern and Scottish regions of BR.

A new size of wagon Oleo buffer is 1'81/2'' but with the alternative size head 18'' (BP06).

All in 4mm scale.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi all, new items on the website now.

Standard loco buffer for North British Railway locos, eg. J83, J35, J36, J37, D34, C16, etc. LB14

LMS buffer 1'6'' 18 head for bogie guards vans, bogie hopper wagons, some bogie bolsters and 12 wheel Trestrol well wagon (old Tri-ang model). B050

RIV buffer 2'01/2'' 14'' head seen on some mineral wagons that were sent to France for the war effort and later returned to the UK. B039

And next, an apology, I wondered why we hadn't sold many of the latest guards van side lamp, the link on the website was broken at some time so you couldn't see the page. All now fixed, I hope.

LMS/BR roll top side lamp. LG04

Thanks

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 am

For anyone who has had problems with the checkout on Lanarkshire Models website, problem sorted now it seems, not with any help from the hosting company Arvixe of America but down to the hard work in the wee small hours by our tame webmistress.... Who has had to change one character in almost every description for the PayPal invoice.

Apparently a PayPal 'upgrade' has been done.

All the best,
Dave Franks

iak

Postby iak » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:06 am

I trust Fiona is having a lie down in a dark room? :thumb
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Robert Fripp

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:58 pm

iak wrote:I trust Fiona is having a lie down in a dark room? :thumb

Yes indeed Iain, she finally surfaced around 12.30 pm. :shock: I'd already put in about 3 hours working on the Landie engine. ;)

Website seems to be okay now with orders having come in today.

Dave Franks

Return to “Guest Book”