New Lanarkshire Models items at Scaleforum

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

New Lanarkshire Models items at Scaleforum

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:08 am

Hi all, just to let you know, Parkside Dundas will have all our bufferstops and wagon buffers plus our new coach buffers too. An LMS coach buffer and another new buffer for LMS bogie CCTs, i.e. the old Lima bogie CCT, this vehicle originally had a slightly oval buffer which was further clipped at the top. (Sizes taken from the said CCT at Bo-ness). Bufferstops are not forgotten with the last of the GWR types released at EXPO North last weekend, the GWR Short type is for loading docks and goods sheds, sizes from various published sources.
Won't be there myself, too far for a day trip.....

All the best,
Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Dave Franks

Re: New Lanarkshire Models items at Scaleforum

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:11 am

Hi all Scalefour show punters, apologises to those who missed out on the GWR bufferstops and LMS coach buffers which I'm told by Parkside Dundas, sold out very quickly. More stocks are being made today and Parkside restocked or they can be had from our own website below.

Also, the first of the LNER bufferstop types is to be released this weekend at Workshop Wise in the North East (see EM Society website for details). This is appropriate as this bufferstop is a standard NER design from drawings in the NERA archives. We will put it on the website next week if there's any left....

Dave Franks.
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Dave Franks

Re: New Lanarkshire Models items

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi all, NER bufferstops now up on the website. Only a few left after the 'Workshop Wise' event on Tyneside which was a great relaxed day for blethering.
A casting session is on for tomorrow so there will be plenty NER stopblocks to go round.

Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

jayell

Postby jayell » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:46 am

Hi Dave,
slightly off topic but what diameter pentorch were you using before it was discontinued. I was wondering if the ' PCA1 Shunter’s Pole for 3-link couplings' attachment would fit (or could be persuaded to fit) onto the Maglite Solitaire torch I have lying unused in my deskdrawer, this is approx 13mm in dia.

John

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:47 pm

John - I suspect that as a guest, Dave does not get any sort of notification you've replied. You might want to email him direct, if you're looking for a response.

jayell

Postby jayell » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:14 pm

John McAleely wrote:John - I suspect that as a guest, Dave does not get any sort of notification you've replied. You might want to email him direct, if you're looking for a response.

OK, will do so

John L

Return to “Guest Book”