New items from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

New items from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:30 am

Hi all, Now that the website has settled down again I've managed to upload some new loco buffers and a brand new product which I've been hinting about for a few weeks now. Etched Coupling Rods.

The loco buffers are for 4mm scale (before anyone asks). And start with a type that I've only just discovered. Royal Scot locos had normal buffers on the front but fitted with an 18'' head, you can notice these against other locos parked along side. The originals were the early MR/LMS type with a packer between the buffer housing and the beam but with replacements the standard LMS type with the step on top became the norm, all with the 18'' head. One or two locos lost these larger heads for the standard 16'' towards the end. Strange though that the similar Patriots always had the 16'' heads. With some research I've found out that the Fowler 2-6-2 tanks and all the Ivatt 2mt locos had standard LMS buffers with this 18'' head, the tank locos front and rear but the 2-6-0 just on the front with 16'' buffers on the tender. Again one can spot them if you find a 'front on' picture. I've packed them as four 18'' buffers or 2+2 with 18'' and 16'' buffers.

Next the LNER Gresley Spencer Double for the front of Gresley A1/A3, V2, and front and rear of J38/39, a few V1/V3 and a number of other locos and even special wagons. Again packed in fours or 2+2 with the LNER stepped parallel for the tenders.

After those are Midland Railway buffers, pretty standard really, 13'' heads and with the later 16'' head replacements, both with the wood packer.

Lastly, one I've been getting asked for a lot recently. Caledonian Railway buffers. Apparently the ones in the kits are dire... so a loco buffer for Caley engines, original parallel with 13'' heads and the LMS replacement 16'' heads.

And finally, when you've rewheeled your loco with scale wheels. How's about some neat etched coupling rods for the Bachmann 3F/4F, Jubilee, Patriot and other locos needing 8'0''+ 8'6'' wheelbase rods, eg. Crab, 2-6-4 tank, etc. etc. The 3F4F ones are to scale so would suit other inside cylinder locos of the same 8'0''+ 8'6'' wheelbase. The Jubilee/Patriot rods are stretched to match the Bachmann stretched chassis, it's only 1mm but scale rods don't fit. The third type are also 8'0''+ 8'6'' but are for outside cylinder locos with the heavier crankpin bosses, plain or fluted. Designed for 1.5mm crankpin bushes. All the rods can be made up as a correctly jointed rod and even the rivets are supplied. (three, in-case you drop one)! Price £4.95 for the fret, rivets and instructions.

Thanks,
Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

JFS

Re: New items from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby JFS » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi Dave,

I just tried the website, but could only get "Not Found" errors - sorry!

EDIT:- BELAY THAT! tried it again and now it works!

Best wishes,

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi JFS, That's probably when I was correcting some faulty links that a caring customer had pointed out. It's back up now as you say.

Thanks.
Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Re6/6

Postby Re6/6 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Excellent Dave.

Nice and easy to negotiate. :D
John

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi all, Website updated tonight. Out of stock items are back in stock - BS04 SR Bufferstop with timber beam is a new moulding. Wagon buffer B019 GWR is also a new moulding and the BR oval buffer for 'Duke Of Gloucester' is finally available..... LB11A is a pack with 2 oval and 2 round buffers for the Duke. Pack LB11B is 4 oval buffers for BR Standard and Fairburn 2-6-4 Tank locos and early diesels. LMS Duchess/Princess and Fowler/Stanier 2-6-4 tanks had a different shape of oval buffer head which I may do later.

Thanks
Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Once again dave - sorry for the delay updating this thread! Feel free to prod me via email about updates here - I seem to keep missing them.

Return to “Guest Book”