GWR bufferstops available at last

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

GWR bufferstops available at last

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi all, just to let you know that the first of the GWR buffer stops are on the website now.
BS12 is what has been termed a GWR 'Long Leg' bufferstop. Common enough around the system but being a heavy type they were usually sited at the ends of long sidings and headshunts although some photos show them in normal use in goods yards.
Work progresses on other types for release in the new year then it's over to the East Coast, 'Woo Hoo' did I hear someone say.

Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com
Last edited by John McAleely on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title clarification

Jan

Re: GWR bufferstops available at least

Postby Jan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:08 pm

At least, Dave? Your self-critiscism does your supportive output a huge disservice :)

Dave Franks

Re: GWR bufferstops available at least

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Well thanks for the compliment Jan, yes the posting was written in a bit of a hurry and I can't seem to correct it.
The next bufferstops should be the 'standard' GWR type and hopefully the very short right angle one for goods loading docks and platform roads. I have good drawings and info for these two so I better get on with them.

Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

All spellchucked. :)

John McAleely
Web Team

Re: GWR bufferstops available at last

Postby John McAleely » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Edited :-)

dave franks

Postby dave franks » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks very much John, and you even inserted the missing word in the last line... such insight...

All the best,
Dave Franks

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 pm

You're welcome. I don't intend to edit posts without people asking, but I might as well go the whole hog when I do!

Dave Franks

Re: More GWR bufferstops and loco buffers.

Postby Dave Franks » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi all, just to let you know, the long awaited standard GWR bufferstop or should that be 'stop block' should be on the website later tonight.
I'm told this is the most common design with the innermost diagonals forming flangeways along the running rail, this feature caused much head scratching but has come out very well (see pictures on other forum).
Also new are six loco buffers, Midland Railway for MR and LMS locos like 3F, 4F, 2p etc with 13 and 16'' head sizes.
Caledonian Railway standard loco buffer 13'' and later LMS 16'' heads.
These above also available predrilled.
LMS/BR standard buffer but with 18'' heads for front of Royal Scots, Ivatt 2mt and Ivatt 2mt tank front and rear, most kept these buffers till withdrawl but a few received 16'' replacements. The tenders would have standard buffers with 16' heads.
LNER Spencer Double, for the front of Gresley A1/A3 and come packed with LNER stepped parallel buffers for the tenders
A pack of four is available for the few locos that had them both ends - some J38/39, V1/V3 tanks etc.

All the best,
Dave Franks

Dave Franks

Re: GWR Standard stopblock available at last

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:12 am

Hi all, noticed that the last post regarding the second GWR stop block hasn't appeared yet so I thought I should mention it again as it was asked for on this forum....
Announced and released only three weeks ago and sold out thrice with a fourth batch being cast today. The GWR 'Standard' stopblock (BS13) has proved popular.
Unfortunately, as previously announced on various forum the prices are going up from 1st March. This is due to rising costs of raw materials and postage of,
electricity, overheads, mould rubber and consumables. Okay it's only pennies on the wagon buffers but a bit more on other items.
So till midnight tonight the old prices stand but from tomorrow I'm afraid it's new prices.

Thanks for your interest,
Dave Franks
Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks for posting those Dave - and apologies for not spotting them for a few weeks!

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:50 am

Hi John, thanks for that, I did wonder if the Scalefour Society had fallen out with me.... I have had a number of people who are regulars on here purchasing the GWR bufferstops so the message did get through somehow.
I'll be announcing further new products over the next few days, that's if the new website hosting people can get their act together....
See some of you at S4 North as usual.

All the best,
Dave Franks.

John McAleely
Web Team

Postby John McAleely » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:46 pm

No falling out - just that the moderation control panel where guest book postings are approved is a slightly hidden corner of this software. Feel free to prod me via email if I seem to be igorning something in the future!

Return to “Guest Book”