A bit of a dilemma

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
jon price

Re: A bit of a dilemma

Postby jon price » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Re mortar you would be looking for something 0.1mm thick, which is about the thickness of a piece of paper in one of those A4 ruled pads I seem to have used a lot of when I was at work. I'm not sure how visible that would be.
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

DougN

Postby DougN » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:17 pm

At least they wouldbe abit lighter than the real thing... once you have moved a couple of thousand you get an appreciation of how heavy a brick really is.

It is interesting that there is a turn to frogs in bricks as most pressed factories have gone in Australia with a move to wire cut bricks. I have only seen concrerete bricks that have a groove rather than a frog. These are for covered rendered work. Generally the brickies prefer to use the clay that I have come across as the concrete ones are harder. This I will pont out is different to concrete blockwork which are larger in size.

Doug
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Neill

Postby Neill » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi all,
the Exactoscale Architectural sheets were printed in Australia (as stated on every sheet) in fact I printed every sheet sold.
After Malcolm Cross (the person who was the creator of the sheets artwork) died, so did the orders.
I have just contacted C&L who seem to be taking on the Exactoscale existing products, to see what I should do with all the artwork films in my posession.
So, unless they or someone wants to put them back into production, I guess that they will die a natural death, such a pity after Malcom' s (and my development) gone into it.

Cheers.

Neill

PS. Only a few months ago, I threw out (dumped) the hundreds of sheets that didn't quite make the stringent quality control that Exactoscal expected over the years, another crying waste!

alan woodard

Postby alan woodard » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Neill.
It would be such a waist to see these gone for good. I do hope you can fined someone who is willing to take them on.
I'v seen some lovely models built using these sheets, and now would be a boon to those who cannot afford to have lasser cut kits ect made.
Good luck and please keep us posted as to the out come.

Alan.

MarkS

Postby MarkS » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Perhaps we could start an email campaign to C&L to take on the artwork and produce some sheets?
Cheers,

Mark.
"In the end, when all is said and done, more will have been said than done..."

Return to “Guest Book”