New vac pipes at Scalefour

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

New vac pipes at Scalefour

Postby Dave Franks » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi all, I've just had a phone call asking when the new items will be on the website for purchasing. Well, don't blame me but the updated website is all ready to go but, it does not want to upload and I get the message 'cannot connect to host server' I've tried to contact the hosting techies and they all seem to be out at the pub.... nearly 3 days and I've heard nothing back from 'Avanquest's Webeasy' help desk.... Not a happy bunny. Can anyone suggest a better hosting service?
Anyway if you want any of the new items please contact me and we can come to some arrangement.
The new items waiting to go live are three new vac pipes, three new loco buffers:- WD, LNER and LMS/BR Standard, two new CSB tender chassis for Ivatt 2 & 4mt moguls and the 8 wheel WD tender (for EM or P4 gauge only)
The new vac pipes were released at the recent EMGS show in Manchester and quickly sold out, new stocks have been made and Parkside Dundas have just taken delivery of some for Scalefour this weekend so check them out there.

All the best,
Dave Franks
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: New vac pipes at Scalefour

Postby grovenor-2685 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Can anyone suggest a better hosting service?

No idea what the ratings are for yours but I went with 1&1 for both the Scalefour and MERG sites as well as my personal site. The new webmasters have stuck with it and it must be close to 10 years now, I only had a problem once, with the MERG site when the disc was corrupted and I had to reload quite a lot from my backup. Since then the offer has been upgraded, at no extra cost, so that the site is kept duplicated on servers in two places.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

RobM

Postby RobM » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:30 am

I wouldn't touch 1&1, of late we have experienced loads of problems. They automatically bolted a package that we have no use for and for the past 4 months or more we have been trying to cancel it and recoup the charges for this package. Their customer services is very poor.
We have looked into moving servers but to do this you need to jump through so many hoops of fire so we are basically stuck with them. :(
I have a number of sites including my own hosted with Hostpapa http://www.hostpapa.co.uk/web-hosting-plan/. £70 + vat for a 3 year hosting plan, industry standard control panel, so far excellent customer service, php, mysql, phpmyadmin kept bang up to date unlike 1&1.
Rob

nigelcliffe

Postby nigelcliffe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 am

I currently run things with Haisoft (minimalist website, very low bandwidth, really have it for the email accounts, cheap to run) and a couple with Webfusion following their acquisition of Xcalibre's webhosting customers.

Happy with both. Support decent, though Haisoft's can be with a French accent :-).
I'm likely to test Webfusion's support shortly as I think I want to migrate a site from the legacy Xcalibre package to a newer package, not sure if that means moving servers, etc..

- Nigel

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi all, well after six days and not an answer from the 'Webeasy' product help desk but an answer from 'Avanquest' to another email (a snotty one), I've now found out why I could not upload the updates to the LMS website, The website had apparently been moved to a new 'platform'.... Thanks for telling your customers Avanquest.... Had to download a new bunch of registry keys to enable upload to the new place. So, yet again not a happy bunny.
Anyway thanks to various people for suggesting 'One and One', a few mentioned this elsewhere aswell but others said definitely not 'One and One' and suggested other hosters, you can't please all etc.....

So, the new products have been on the website since midnight and it's working as there was three orders this morning for some of the new vac pipes and loco buffers plus someone has pointed out a missing link to the new WD and Ivatt tender chassis but suggested if you go to the Fowler chassis and click the 'next' button it will take you to the new chassis, we (SWMBO) will sort out the link tonight, she's a darling.
The website will continue at it's present address for the moment but I'm looking at alternatives and will let you all know if it moves.
I'll be checking the website for any other problems today and I hope it will be all sorted by tomorrow, so if anyone finds a problem please let us know.
(And sorry for the typo of Scaleforum)
All the best,
Dave Franks
Oh and thanks to the person who suggested other types of vacuum pipes and steam heat pipes, yes they are being looked at.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi all, I hear the new vacuum pipes went down well at Scaleforum, thanks for the emails and calls about them. I'll need to do some more casting tomorrow as Parkside have just taken what I had to restock for the Manchester show, wow.
Please be patient, there might be some more types out soon. ;)

All the best,
Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Return to “Guest Book”