Sprung buffers from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

Sprung buffers from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:28 am

At last I here some cry!! Sprung buffers from LMS, well almost. What I've decide to do is to tool up to drill the buffer to the correct size for you as some people say they even have difficulty drilling out a hollow cast buffer. I've made a mandrel to hold the buffer and with the correct drill for soft metals they drill out beautifully.... And on centre.
The buffers are drilled to take the standard size of sprung bufferheads, 1mm or 2.5mm as available from Wizard/51L Models and MJT. Unfortunately some heavy buffers in our range would require a larger size buffer shank, 3mm, so these would only be available drilled on request. Pneumatics and hydraulics, I'm still looking at because of the shank size and head shape.
I will see how these go and maybe in the future do our own buffer heads for all the range....
Cost wise the buffers are £4.50 a set plus about a £1 for the four sprung heads with springs so £5.50 in total.
Remember, these are drilled to size so they are ready for the buffer heads.
If you require buffers drilled to a different size please ask.

All the best,
Dave Franks
Lanarkshire Models & Supplies
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Hardwicke

Re: Sprung buffers from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Sound very interesting Dave. The buffers I bought the other week are exquisite. They even made a 00 modeller sit up and take note the other week when I showed him them. Of course no reason he can't use them but he wasn't used to the level of detail.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Return to “Guest Book”