LNWR handrail.

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
alan woodard

LNWR handrail.

Postby alan woodard » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Jon and Jol.
A bit of brass tube to the ejector exhaust size From "Eileens", Drill holes through where hand rail knobs are located. Some fuse wire ( 3 amp ? ) wrapped around the hand rail and twisted to leave a tail which pokes through drilled holes. To represent the one around the exhaust pipe, I used same fuse wire each side of where the handrail tail goes through. When soldered and kleened up it represents the fixing quite well. the tails that stick out of the boiler side of pipe can be used to fix said pipe to boiler. very fiddly but works well and gives the handrail a close fit to the exhaust pipe as on the real job.
I do hope I'v got the right bit that you both are talking about.
Regards.
Alan.

alan woodard

Re: LNWR handrail.

Postby alan woodard » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Re last posting.
Looking at the recommended photos surgested by Jon, I see what he means regarding fixing of exhaust pipe to boiler, in the which case, the tails from the represented handrail knobs ( fuse wire ) after poking through exhaust pipe holes and soldered can be clipped off and cleaned back to back of exhaust pipe leaving the middle one as a fixing to boiler.
Hope I'v not confused.

Alan.

Return to “Guest Book”