Scalefour South East

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Steve Carter

Scalefour South East

Postby Steve Carter » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:08 pm

Scalefour South East
Part of the Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition
21st & 22nd October 2023

Have you got Scaleforum 'blues' after the brilliant show last weekend?

Looking for your next inspiration?

Then Scalefour South East is for you with the Scalefour Stores, demonstrations by local Area Groups and the Society Stand in attendance.
Part of the excellent Uckfield exhibition. and with a special tribute to the late Iain Rice with at least 5 of his layouts, it's not to be missed.

See you there :thumb

IMG_20230927_172553_edit_49049748951369.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Carter

Winander

Re: Scalefour South East

Postby Winander » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:08 pm

Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:31 am

Steve Carter wrote:See you there

Yes you will and I am looking forard to the show.

Terry Bendall

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 am

Winander wrote:Download the Guide

Thank you Richard
Steve Carter

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:18 am

Terry Bendall wrote:
Steve Carter wrote:See you there

Yes you will and I am looking forard to the show.

Terry Bendall

:thumb
Steve Carter

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:54 am

There is one change from the Guide listing.

Unfortunately Robin Marsh is unable to present his Weathering demonstration on the Sunday morning (10:00 – 13:30).

I am very pleased that another member of the Marshlink Finescale Area Group has stepped in to fill the slot.

David Lowe will be showing his modelling using CAD and 3D Printing.
Steve Carter

kelly

Postby kelly » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:53 am

Unfortunately whilst we'd have liked to have attended, the car is unavailable during October due to my other half working.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Martin M

Postby Martin M » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:22 pm

Kelley there are train service to Uckfield, strikes permitting and there is a good bus service from Haywards Heath too so you don't need a car TBH
Should be a good show.....

Martin M

Postby Martin M » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:24 pm

Here is some more details of what will be there:

http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhibition.html

kelly

Postby kelly » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:27 pm

Martin M wrote:Kelley there are train service to Uckfield, strikes permitting and there is a good bus service from Haywards Heath too so you don't need a car TBH
Should be a good show.....

Whilst that is true. I would be travelling in a wheelchair which means a car is a lot easier to deal with.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

adrianmc

Postby adrianmc » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:30 am

Exhibition Guide is at the printers - 40 pages with a track plan and photograph for all 20 layouts - only a £1 on the door.

UMRC_Exhibition_2023_guide_proof.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:32 am

I'm keeping an eye on the weather. I don't fancy driving nearly 200 miles in the rain on Saturday.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:26 am

I'm keeping an eye on the weather. I don't fancy driving nearly 200 miles in the rain on Saturday. Iain's wagons from ESLR.
IMG20231018113722.jpg
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:56 pm

Road is completely flooded cutting off vehicular access to and from my village. Definitely not able to attend tomorrow. Sunday also looking unlikely.
I'm sorry as I was so looking forward to this.

DaveHarris

Postby DaveHarris » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:10 am

Very good exhibition. Nice to see the layouts of the late Iain Rice and congrats to those who have preserved his legacy. Good Scalefour presence, pity i couldnt get through the queue to the 'how to' table. ;)

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:43 pm

I’ve just returned from a busy but enjoyable weekend at the Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition and Scalefour South-East.

I just wanted to thank Adrian and the Uckfield Club for inviting and accommodating us over what seemed to be a busy weekend. It was great to see the late Iain Rice’s layouts gathered together along with the other high quality layouts and to meet so many Society members.

Also I’d like to thank Steve Carter for organising all of the demonstrations, to all those who helped demonstrate over the weekend and Jeremy S for bringing the Stores to Uckfield for the weekend. I hope you all enjoyed the weekend as much as I did.

Thanks everyone.

Jeremy

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:02 am

Some photos of the demos that were enjoyed by visitors to Scalefour Southeast at the Uckfield show.
My thanks to all those members who gave their time and worked hard to support this great event.
Steve Carter

Paul Cram

Postby Paul Cram » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:41 am

A very good exhibition aimed at Modellers. Good to chat with a number of people.

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:34 pm

Scalefour Southeast 2023, part of the Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition.

The first Scalefour Southeast took place over the weekend of Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd October 2023.
This was a new Society regional event, featuring the Society’s Membership Stand and the Scalefour Stores, along with five P4 layouts and Scalefour Society demonstration stands.

The show also featured the Iain Rice Extravaganza, a tribute to Iain who sadly passed away last year. Spread throughout the exhibition were five of Iains 4mm finescale layouts and a display of his North Cornwall stock build for Tregarrick and various plans and drawings from his many publications.

The finescale modelling demonstrations at Scalefour Southeast are presented by members of the Scalefour Society including both the Kent and Marshlink Finescale Area Groups.

There were three different demo sessions in the morning and afternoon on both days and covered various subjects as listed below.
• Converting RTR locos to P4 (Steam & Diesel)
• Building P4 pointwork (including ply & rivet)
• Moving to P4 – Starting your route into 4mm finescale
• Alex Jackson couplings
• Suspensions (Locos & Wagons)
• Converting RTR rolling stock to P4
• Wagon Suspensions and detailing
• CAD and 3D Printing
• Introducing British Finescale P4 turnout kits

The demonstrations were very well received and attracted many visitors.

In addition the Scalefour Society Display featured details and entry forms for the Jubilee Layout Challenge.

The Scalefour Stores did a steady trade over the weekend and I was busy on the Membership Stand as well with five new members joining.

My thanks to all the Scalefour Society members who participated at Scalefour Southeast last weekend, including Mike Ainsworth, Bob Cummings, James Walters, Chris Ellis, Ben Mason, Jeremy Good, Roger Barron, David Lowe, Mark Tatlow, Jeremy Suter and those members who exhibited layouts. Of course a big thank you to Adrian Colenutt and all of the Uckfield club members for making us all feel so welcome and very much "at home".

We had a really good experience and for some of our area group members this was the first time they had done a demo. All them said they enjoyed it and I hope they were able to help others as well as learning things themselves?

I thought Scalefour Southeast as part of the Uckfield exhibition worked very well and seemed to be well received by visitors, so thank you to Adrian Colenutt, the Uckfield MRC Exhibition Manager, for the idea.

I hope our Societies involvement helped contribute towards a very successful exhibition for the Uckfield club and hopefully we can look forward to doing it all again next year?
Steve Carter

adrianmc

Postby adrianmc » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:22 pm

Thank you Steve for summing up the inaugural Scalefour Southeast and your nice comments - much appreciated.

All I can add is that feedback from the Uckfield Model Railway Club members has been very positive, so with the Scalefour Society Committee's blessing we are looking at holding it again next year.

Dates for the diary are the 19th & 20th October 2024 in the Uckfield Civic Centre.

In the meantime a 300+ picture retrospective of the 38th Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition has been uploaded to the Uckfield Club's website.

http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhib23nf.html

Regards

Adrian Colenutt
Uckfield MRC Exhibition Manager

Return to “Exhibitions”