Scalefour Perth 2023

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Allan Goodwillie

Scalefour Perth 2023

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Tue May 23, 2023 9:30 am

Scalefour Perth 2023
when: Saturday 24th June
Sunday 25th June
where: Dewars Centre Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH

Just a reminder :thumb for members that the Perth Exhibition now has a well established Scalefour Area, which has been built up over the last 8 years. There has been good coverage in the Scalefour News this year for which we are very grateful to Gavin and the team.

The Committee have also provided of one of the new Scalefour Pop-up stands which is well designed and a really useful item and will I am sure be used by the Groups up here. We are using it for Perth as its first outing. :D

I will be manning the Scalefour Stand this year along with old friend John Wright from the Newcastle area who has volunteered to come up for the show and spend the weekend on the stand and bring half his workshop along for demonstration purposes. Knowing John we will have a very interesting and enjoyable time meeting as many of you and your friends who can come along as well as the many members of the public we will enjoy meeting over the weekend. If you are a Society member please let us know.

Our Scalefour area will have demonstrations as well as some excellent private layouts which have not been to Perth before. We will be open to questions and discussion throughout as is normal at Scalefour North and Scalefourum and hope you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere within the area.
I would very much like to thank the members of the local S4 Groups for coming together and putting on a quality display of layouts and demonstrations.

The Perth show, if you have not been before is a large show taking up two large areas in the Dewar's Centre, and covers a fine range of Scales and is well known for the quality of modelling on display.

It is unfortunate that this year the S4 AGM has been timed for the same weekend in June, but if going south is not for you, consider coming up to see us all. We will make you feel very welcome and very much at home.

Allan Goodwillie :)

John B

Re: Scalefour Perth 2023

Postby John B » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:39 pm

In addition to the attractions noted above by Allan, the West of Scotland 4mm Group will be bringing Garlieston in a more-or-less finished state, a far cry from the bare boards seen at last year's Perth show. And also at the show will be an (excellent) EM gauge model of Whithorn - I'd venture to bet the first time two layouts from that particular corner of Galloway have been seen under one roof...

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:12 pm

Thanks John, :D

You will be pleased to know that the two locomotives I have been building for it are nearly finished, I have been priming them tonight and should have them completed by the end of the weekend, Ray Nolton has sent me photographs of the Stirling 0-4-2 tender loco which he has repainted and which is suitable for the Garlieston layout. So we should be all right for locomotives - rare ones indeed. I have heard in a round about way that Ian Middleditch may be bringing one or two engines of the period as well, Ian has some beautiful GSWR locos built in his West Group days, even if they were there for a short time, it would be a rare chance for people to see them. I will be in touch. :)

Allan :)

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:18 pm

Allan,

Just trying to give this thread a boost and get away from all the discussions about other events....

I hope that you and the rest of your team have a great weekend at the show and that the Scalefour Society presence can be a positive influence on modelling decisions.

Have a great weekend.

Jeremy

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Thanks Jeremy, :)

We are all looking forward to what I am sure will be a good show at Perth, already planning next year's show. Hoping we might be able to bring up a couple of S4 layouts from down south as the show continues to build.

We are having a meal on the Friday evening after setting up, especially for S4 members exhibiting at the show. On the Saturday evening there is also an great spread put on by the Perth Club for members attending the show at their headquarters - outdoor railway etc. Should be excellent. :thumb

Any members turning up to the show, please let us know we would love a chat at the S4 stand.

Looking forward to a good weekend

Allan

CDGFife

Postby CDGFife » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:25 am

Just getting Cadhay ready for it now. Really looking forward to what is usually a great show.

022.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:18 pm

Hi Chris! :D

Love the new extension Chris - water especially effective. My one extra man for Saturday to allow people to get breaks has let me down at the last minute today - something unavoidable I believe, but these things happen - maybe you could spare one person from your team to give an hour towards giving the demos a break, only if that is possible. Talk to you tomorrow.

Here's to an excellent exhibition. :thumb

Thank you again for bringing along your most excellent layout.

Allan :)

Return to “Exhibitions”