Newport MRS/NAGNAG Open Day

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
newport_rod

Newport MRS/NAGNAG Open Day

Postby newport_rod » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:21 am

Newport MRS / NAGNAG are holding an open day on Sunday 21st May at 11:00 am. S4 members are welcome, admission is free and details can be found here: https://www.newportmrs.co.uk/2023-open-day

Cheers
Rod

martin goodall

Re: Newport MRS/NAGNAG Open Day

Postby martin goodall » Sat May 20, 2023 8:58 am

Just checking that this event is on for tomorrow (Sunday), as I haven't seen it mentioned again since Rod's post of 27 April.

I found lots of useful information (including how to get there. etc.) by exploring the link that Rod provided.

I definitely hope to pay a visit tomorrow.

andrewnummelin

Postby andrewnummelin » Sat May 20, 2023 2:37 pm

It’s on.
I hope the paint will have dried on ABB (on facing point locks I’ve been fiddling with - paint is ready to take down to the club room this evening...)
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Mon May 22, 2023 11:11 am

Had a very nice day at the Newport Open Day yesterday, many thanks to the Newport MRC for organizing this.

Here's a link to the pictures that I took:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAEMH8

All the Best
Danny

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Tue May 23, 2023 7:31 am

Looks like a very good event. Unfortunatly I had other things booked. A very nice brakedown crane in one of the pictures. Please could someone give a few details about it.

Terry Bendall

Venturer

Postby Venturer » Tue May 23, 2023 1:47 pm

I'll try again.
Crane is 7mm, made by the late Steffan Lewis who did a number of them in 4mm and 7mm. This one owned by Steve Neill (Frecclesham - NMRS), also a Scalefour Society member. He can be seen, in the light blue shirt, in the linked photo from Danny's flickr album linked earlier.

DSC_0281.jpg
DSC_0282.jpg
DSC_0283.jpg
DSC_0284.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scalefour1978/52916640109/
I won't recompose the waffle from this morning about the "interview" with Martin Goodall (left shoulder and shoe visible) and myself.
That was when the Forum went down...

Best,

Bernie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nihil sine labore - school motto
The more I practice, the luckier I get - Gary Player et al

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Tue May 23, 2023 9:39 pm

Venturer wrote:I won't recompose the waffle from this morning about the "interview" with Martin Goodall (left shoulder and shoe visible) and myself.
That was when the Forum went down...

Best,

Bernie

You make that sound as though the two events are linked... Shurely not!

Best,
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Venturer

Postby Venturer » Tue May 23, 2023 10:54 pm

Don't call me Shurely! Shome mishtake, perhaps?
OK, cue waffle alert.
The lady with her back to the camera, suspected of having links to local media, had been told of the event and wandered in to ask a few questions, including the usual suspect "Why do you do this?"
Martin, supported by yours truly, launched into a fine performance, ranging from a litany of the skills required, through philosophy, via dementia research to just enjoying it: the best bit being the bringing together of all this in public.
She then set off in search of the youngest people in the room.
Yes, a very good event.
Then the Forum went down....

Bernie
Nihil sine labore - school motto
The more I practice, the luckier I get - Gary Player et al

martin goodall

Postby martin goodall » Wed May 24, 2023 7:02 am

Yes. I dare say readers of this thread are now thoroughly mystified.

But it does give me the chance to confirm, slightly belatedly, that it was a very enjoyable day - "Good craic" as they say in Ireland.

The lady who was looking around "for a friend who's making a documentary" had BBC (or Channel 4) written all over her face - funny how these media types are so easily recognisable. Bernie and I gave her the full 'spiel'.

I showed my wife the photos that had been posted on this thread, and she immediately asked "Where are you?" Like Bernie, I just managed to spot my left shoulder and left shoe.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed May 24, 2023 7:40 am

Venturer wrote:Crane is 7mm, made by the late Steffan Lewis who did a number of them in 4mm and 7mm.

Thanks Bernie. A very fine model.

Terry Bendall

newport_rod

Postby newport_rod » Wed May 24, 2023 8:26 am

A couple more pics, first Mike Garwood, NAGNAG co-ordinator, flying the S4 flag and second to show that there is more to Martin than a shoulder and a shoe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

newport_rod

Postby newport_rod » Wed May 24, 2023 8:54 am

With talk of Steffan Lewis, readers may like to reacquaint themselves with Maindee East https://www.scalefour.org/layouts/exhibmaindee.html#row2 and see what a fine P4 modeller he was.

Return to “Exhibitions”