Scalefour Crewe 2023, Progress and News

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Will L

Re: Scalefour Crewe 2023, Car Parking

Postby Will L » Fri May 26, 2023 3:05 pm

Just a week to go and we are all getting ready to greet you all at Crewe next week.

As always the best laid plans don't work out quite as expected. We liked this location for a show as we had good access to the railway with connections in all directions, and we had a large public pay and display car park right outside the door.

Well we all know about the rail strike, but we have now discovered that the car park will closed as it will contain a funfair on the days of the exhibition!

Fortunately there is plenty more paring places close to the hall. Exhibitors and those helping to run the show will be free to park on the Mornflake Stadiums own parking but this is relatively small and not big enough to allow exhibition visitors to park there.

For visitors there are a number of Council car parks within easy walking distance of the Mornflake Stadium. Not to mention the station car parks which are also close by.
The costs of the various Council Car Parks varies, details of location and price for all of them them all can be found here

There are descent sized car parks provided by both station and council in Pedley Street, CW2 7AA. The station car park is £5.50 both days and will be the cheapest on Saturday (but you would need to go to the station to pay). The council car park will be £7:50 on Saturday but is free on Sunday.

And of course the funfair could be another attraction for your day.

Winander

Re: Scalefour Crewe 2023, Progress and News

Postby Winander » Fri May 26, 2023 3:32 pm

Is Gresty Road long stay, immediately to the South of the stadium, the stadium car park that's going to host the fun fair? It is not listed on the website you linked, but is on their map.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Tri-er

Postby Tri-er » Sat May 27, 2023 6:00 am

I am driving up on Sunday from south Essex if anyone wants to go, and come back too !
Richard

Will L

Postby Will L » Sat May 27, 2023 8:33 am

Winander wrote:Is Gresty Road long stay, immediately to the South of the stadium, the stadium car park that's going to host the fun fair? It is not listed on the website you linked, but is on their map.

That's correct. While public it isn't run by the council, although most of the car parks locally are.

iak

Postby iak » Sat May 27, 2023 12:01 pm

Well that is a long hobble on the sticks then... :shock:
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Will L

Postby Will L » Sat May 27, 2023 12:15 pm

iak wrote:Well that is a long hobble on the sticks then... :shock:

They are quite close Iain but certainly not quite as convenient as we had hoped. It is all on the flat.

iak

Postby iak » Sat May 27, 2023 1:15 pm

Will L wrote:
iak wrote:Well that is a long hobble on the sticks then... :shock:

They are quite close Iain but certainly not quite as convenient as we had hoped. It is all on the flat.

Having double checked the maps and knowing the area, it is a minor irritation Will.
However, if it is raining... :?
Whatever, be seeing you next Saturday :thumb
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Robert Fripp

David B

Postby David B » Mon May 29, 2023 8:26 pm

Anyone driving to S4Crewe at the weekend might be interested in this regarding car parks. I have copied it from this post on RMWeb:

. . . there are a couple of council car parks within a short walking distance of the club, some down side streets are free all day but others are about £2.40 a day, don’t fall into the trap if going to the station carpark though, there is a council one right next to the entrance to it off pedley st and it’s 1/4 of the price (although I think the station carpark is cheaper at the weekends)

It will be worth doing a little research beforehand and/or reading the boards on the day!! I have never been to Crewe so am only as good as the information people have put out. I hope this will be helpful (fingers crossed).
Last edited by David B on Tue May 30, 2023 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:36 pm

Except your link goes to youtube, not RMweb.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

David B

Postby David B » Tue May 30, 2023 7:38 am

grovenor-2685 wrote:Except your link goes to youtube, not RMweb.

Whoops. Never could get the hang of technology. I saw something that said 'copy link', so I did.

Thanks for pointing this out Keith. I have corrected the link so that it now goes to the post.

Richard S

Postby Richard S » Tue May 30, 2023 11:01 am

Good news on car parking. The majority of the Gresty Rd Long Stay pay and display car park WILL be available for visitors to use. Disabled spaces are those closest to the main stand with plenty of space beyond. Nobody will have far to walk.
We look forward to welcoming you on Saturday and Sunday.

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Tue May 30, 2023 1:39 pm

Richard S wrote:Good news on car parking. The majority of the Gresty Rd Long Stay pay and display car park WILL be available for visitors to use. Disabled spaces are those closest to the main stand with plenty of space beyond. Nobody will have far to walk.
We look forward to welcoming you on Saturday and Sunday.

That's good news Richard.

I've shared this on both RM Web and Western Thunder.

See you on Friday :thumb
Steve Carter

Will L

Postby Will L » Tue May 30, 2023 2:27 pm

Further on Travel

While the train strike on Saturday means most service are cancelled, train services to Crewe provide by Transport for Wales are operating on Saturday. In theory train services will be operating normally on Sunday.

For those arriving by car, while Crewe can be accessed by two junctions off the M6, its worth noting that it is easier to get to the stadium whether travelling north or south is by leaving at junction 16 signed posted A500 to Crewe. Take the A500 towards Crewe. Ignore the main turn to Crewe Congleton and the station on the 2nd roundabout, and take the 3rd roundabout signposted B5071 Crewe Commercial Park and follow the B5071. This becomes Gresty Road. After the low bridge under the railway the stadium and the car park is on the right before you get into the town.

iak

Postby iak » Tue May 30, 2023 8:16 pm

The car park news is wonderful! :thumb
Saturday beckons...
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Robert Fripp

kelly

Postby kelly » Tue May 30, 2023 9:05 pm

Good news about the parking. Natalie and myself will be venturing north to Crewe on the Sunday. Looking forward to it.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Will L

Postby Will L » Wed May 31, 2023 7:59 pm

Just to get you interested here is the latest copy of the floorplan. There have been a few changes over the last couple of months but this plan is right up to date
ShowPlanV3.jpg

I've attached a PDF copy as well just in case.

ShowPlanV3.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Suter

Postby Jeremy Suter » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:37 am

Radio Control Starter kits will be available at Crewe this weekend. Plus the add on Loco pack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tips and tricks in machine tool practice viewtopic.php?f=132&t=6350

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:20 pm

High Level Kits are attending Scalefour Crewe this weekend.
Steve Carter

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:37 pm

Will L wrote:Just to get you interested here is the latest copy of the floorplan. There have been a few changes over the last couple of months but this plan is right up to date
ShowPlanV3.jpg

I've attached a PDF copy as well just in case.

ShowPlanV3.pdf

The LRM stand looks a bit on the small side, if the pdf is to scale.

gavin
Web Team

Postby gavin » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:39 pm

Jol

The plan is a picture, and is NOT a scale drawing. So just regard it as a location diagram rather than anything else.

Gavin
Scalefour News Editor

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Jol Wilkinson wrote:The LRM stand looks a bit on the small side, if the pdf is to scale.

Actually Jol, it is to scale and the LRM stand is just 2cm long by 1cm wide, it's also only two dimensional so I expect you'll be feeling a little bit flat this weekend :lol:

Have a lovely time.

All the Best
Danny

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:57 pm

dcockling wrote:
Jol Wilkinson wrote:The LRM stand looks a bit on the small side, if the pdf is to scale.

Actually Jol, it is to scale and the LRM stand is just 2cm long by 1cm wide, it's also only two dimensional so I expect you'll be feeling a little bit flat this weekend :lol:

Have a lovely time.

All the Best
Danny

Danny,

I regret I can't be at Scalefour Crewe. Having met a number of the Society glitterati at Railex last weekend, I felt I needed to recover in a darkened room.

The LRM stand looks small by comparison to others shown that I am familiar with, so I was concerned that you had reduced it to 2mm scale and that customers might have to kneel in front of it.

Jol

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:54 pm

gavin wrote:Jol

The plan is a picture, and is NOT a scale drawing. So just regard it as a location diagram rather than anything else.

Gavin

Phew, that's good to hear Gavin as I was thinking the same as the full Society Stand is alot bigger than the space on the plan :shock:

See you on Saturday.

Steve
Steve Carter

Will L

Postby Will L » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:12 pm

Steve Carter wrote:

Gavin

Phew, that's good to hear Gavin as I was thinking the same as the full Society Stand is alot bigger than the space on the plan :shock:

See you on Saturday.

Steve

I can confirm that on our dimensioned floor plan the stand sizes are as they were requested, and the traders stands do include additional space behind them for the people who have to mind them. The plan was drawn by somebody who regularly mans a traders stand and he was very clear about how much space was required.

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:00 pm

Will L wrote:
Steve Carter wrote:

Gavin

See you on Saturday.

Steve

I can confirm that on our dimensioned floor plan the stand sizes are as they were requested, and the traders stands do include additional space behind them for the people who have to mind them. The plan was drawn by somebody who regularly mans a traders stand and he was very clear about how much space was required.

Will,

thank you for clarifying that. I was getting worried that John Redrup might have to go on a strict diet before the weekend.

Jol

Return to “Exhibitions”