RAILEX 2023

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Re: RAILEX 2023

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon May 29, 2023 7:00 pm

martin goodall wrote: The Risboro club's exhibition team are entitled to be well-pleased with yet another well-organised and thoroughly enjoyable exhibition.

The club certainly should be. The late change of venue was very well managed and there were lots of good things to see. I went on Saturday afternoon and whilst it was very warm in the hall it was managable. Organising exhibitions is not always easy and the organisers did very well

Terry Bendall

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:02 am

One week on from Railex, and I have time to sit down and thank David for putting on another superb show.

The layouts on display were superb, across the full range of scales. There were many that I didn't have chance to spend anywhere near enough time in front of, just absorbing the atmosphere.

Speaking of which, the intimacy of the hall used meant that it was a touch warm on Sunday. The plus side, and it was a really big plus, was that the show had a really buzzing feel. There were friends everywhere, and you had the impression of an extended social event, rather than simply an exhibition in a big boomy sports hall. The layout was imaginative as well, and the idea of layouts around the sides and traders clustered together gave me a great impression. A real win for the show, in circumstances forced upon them.

Many thanks as well to Gordon A for driving us up from Bristol, and to Mark H for excellent company from BS4 as well. As for the rest of the gang operating Wantage. Well... If we don't see Nigel in the near future, then we'll simply conclude that he failed to get his multiple purchases into the house past SWMBO ;-)

Best wishes,
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

David Bigcheeseplant

Postby David Bigcheeseplant » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:41 am

Thanks for the comments on Railex, I stepped down as exhibition manager so really was just a minion this year, Tim Peacock now wearing the managers hat. Although I did draw up the floor plan.

As other show have seen our numbers were lower than previous years, and didn't make a loss which is always a risk on putting on a show. Just wondering those who normally attend did not this year, was it because Expo EM was two weeks previous and Scalefour Crewe a week after, having three finescale shows in four weeks may not have helped any of the shows.

David

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:05 pm

David Bigcheeseplant wrote:As other show have seen our numbers were lower than previous years, and didn't make a loss which is always a risk on putting on a show. Just wondering those who normally attend did not this year, was it because Expo EM was two weeks previous and Scalefour Crewe a week after, having three finescale shows in four weeks may not have helped any of the shows.

David

I can't speak for ExpoEM. Scalefour Crewe was driven in its timing by the end of the football season, and the first available date for the stadium.

That was set as early as possible to be close to the old Scalefour North date of around Easter, and to step away from Railwells. It was at least quite geographically different to Railex and hopefully attracted a different cohort of visitors.

As has often been said, there are a lot of shows and only so many weekends...

Best,
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Exhibitions”