Scaleforum 2022 video

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Rod Cameron

Scaleforum 2022 video

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:10 am

This has recently appeared on YouTube (part 1 of 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GUrPdr6CBc&t=708s
Rod

Rod Cameron

Re: Scaleforum 2022 video

Postby Rod Cameron » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:23 am

Part 2

Rod

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:37 pm

Part 3 is also up:

Highpeak

Postby Highpeak » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:55 am

I would like to thank those who put these excellent videos together. I am sure all of us who were unable to get to the event will be happy to be able to at least take a virtual tour of the exhibition.
Neville
If at first you don't succeed, try reading the instructions.

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:53 pm

Part 4:

DougN

Postby DougN » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:43 am

Quite Brilliant guys, it is a effective way for a lot of members to have access to the exhibition when it is not convenient to get there. I have enjoyed watching them so far... except for the family deciding to talk, yell, play with dog.... making it hard to hear the commentary... thankfully they don't get up early on a Saturday morning when I can enjoy them in peace! I will enjoy them again this weekend.

I need some inspiration to do some modelling again. :thumb
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Albert Hall

Postby Albert Hall » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:05 am

Simply the best YT coverage of an exhibition I have ever seen. Not just the excellent layouts, standard of modelling and operating but also the trade support and demonstrations. One thing which stands out is the absolute suitability of the venue, light, airy and roomy. Recognised a few familiar faces. If there was one minor criticism, I found the commentary to be a bit fuzzy at times. Did anyone else experience that? I don't think it was down to background noise and chatter which I didn't really notice. Possibly my hearing or my TV so I will try it all again using headphones to see if it makes a difference. Overall, I think it deserves 12 out of 10 :thumb

Roy

ted.stephens

Postby ted.stephens » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:57 am

Roy

Glad you enjoyed the videos.

Your point about the slightly fuzzy recording is probably correct. As the maker of the video it sounds just fine to me, but there again I am half deaf with chronic tinnitus and wouldn't be able to tell if there was a brass band paying in the background, let alone the recording being a bit fuzzy.

What I find helps is to turn Youtube subtitles – I was surprised at how accurate Youtube is at automatically converting voice to text. Mind you Boston Frodsham became Boston Frozen and there are probably a few other howlers. If you have not tried it before, click on the CC button on the bottom right of frame.

Ted

Albert Hall

Postby Albert Hall » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Thanks Ted. I'd never spotted that little icon before let alone worked out what it did. The problem is it only comes up when I watch it on my laptop, not on my TV. Maybe there's a button on the remote I haven't discovered yet but I don't want to risk the picture disappearing back out through the router into the abyss. These things aren't idiot proof. Anyway, I tried it using my headphones and it was a lot clearer. Part 1 was the one mainly affected . Probably my hearing as SWMBO is always telling me it is rather selective these days, especially when she is in demand mode! ;)

Roy

jmorling

Postby jmorling » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:52 pm

These videos are excellent and particularly enjoyable for me as this was the first Scaleforum I have missed since 1983! I came across them by accident looking for something else and I wonder if the 'retrospective' section on the society exhibitions page could be updated to include links as that seems the obvious place to find them?

Return to “Exhibitions”