Scaleforum 2022 - the attractions

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
JackBlack

Re: Scaleforum 2022 - the attractions

Postby JackBlack » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:09 am

Paul Willis wrote:We're very pleased to announce that Intentio (whose products can be seen on their website https://www.intentio.shop) have just confirmed that they will be attending Scaleforum 2022 as a trader.

Awesome! This is going to be an expensive Scaleforum...

Nick Allport
CLAG

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:02 am

With less than two weeks to go, preparations for the return of the Scalefour Society's largest show at it's new venue are well advanced.

Scaleforum will showcase the best in 4mm scale finescale modelling with a range of traders supporting your modelling needs. There is also a wide range of demonstrations covering topics ranging from starting in P4 to the use of radio control in 4mm scale models along with a mix of both traditional and cutting edge skills. Full details at the top of this thread.

We look forward to welcoming you all at the show at Cressex School, High Wycombe on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September.

Advance ticket sales and further details are available at http://www.scaleforum.org. Advanced tickets are at a reduced rate for members compared to the "on the door" prices.

Jeremy

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:08 pm

Rather a dull question, but is vehicular parking available onsite? I knew where I stood/parked at Aylesbury!

Regards,
Bernard

Winander

Postby Winander » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:49 pm

http://www.scaleforum.org wrote:There is on-site parking for approx. 140 cars. The adjoining car parking on the retail developments is time limited. Please check the details on the controls when you arrive if you use these!
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

bobwallison

Postby bobwallison » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:23 am

I guess that the spaces on site will fill up quickly, so most of us will be in the retail park.
Parkopedia tells us that Asda parking is for customers only and limited to 2 hours, but says nothing about the John Lewis car park. JL's website says there are spaces for 700 cars but does not state the restrictions. Can anyone local fill in the blanks?

Regards,
Bob

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:37 am

The school site has 140 marked spaces but with some careful stewarding we can get more than that in. The exhibitors/stewards/society team are all being asked to use an overflow car park to leave as many spaces as possible free for visitors.

I’ll try and check the John Lewis parking restrictions but there is also some street parking available in the surrounding roads.

We look forward to seeing you all there over the weekend.

Jeremy

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 am

John Lewis don’t make it easy to find out about their parking restrictions. It seems that they may allow 2 hours free but I can’t confirm/guarantee that.

I am reasonably distant from the venue but will be on site from late Friday afternoon next week. I’ll try and do a quick parking survey when I arrive to confirm details of restrictions on Friday evening.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful at this stage.

Jeremy

bobwallison

Postby bobwallison » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:57 am

Thanks Jeremy

Bob

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:44 pm

It seems that others had similar queries! Many thanks to Winander et al. I’m only on a motorcycle, so I shall find elsewhere to park, such is limited availability.
My e-ticket looks forward to dragging me into the 21st century!
Thanks again, and I pray we all stay safe.
Bernard

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:24 am

Bernie,

Motorcycle parking at the school will not be an issue. There is plenty of hard-standing around the entrance for bikes but it isn’t suitable for car parking.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Jeremy

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:47 pm

Jeremy Good wrote:The school site has 140 marked spaces but with some careful stewarding we can get more than that in...

I'll only be there on Saturday afternoon, so there might be a space available, who knows?
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:41 pm

I'm not sure if this has filtered through or not, but Tim Maddocks is unfortunately unable to attend with the DRAG demonstration team, where he was to be showing simple P4 conversions and stock boxes. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Rod

kelly

Postby kelly » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:27 pm

One thing I meant to ask, is there a test track this year? I don't see it listed, so I'm guessing not? Not a problem if there isn't, just means I won't bring a few items I could do with giving a test (I can rummage and find the rolling road in a box, *somewhere*).
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:32 pm

Rod Cameron wrote:I'm not sure if this has filtered through or not, but Tim Maddocks is unfortunately unable to attend with the DRAG demonstration team, where he was to be showing simple P4 conversions and stock boxes. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Oh, that is a shame. I had been looking forward to seeing his demo. Wishing Tim good health.
Next time,eh?
Bernard

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:21 am

Hi All.

I've probably missed it, but is there a form we have to fill in for the Bring and Buy Stand? I've lots shite er I mean high qaulity model railway products for sale.

All Best

Dave

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:28 pm

Serjt-Dave wrote:I've probably missed it, but is there a form we have to fill in for the Bring and Buy Stand? I've lots shite er I mean high qaulity model railway products for sale.

Click on 'full details' under Bring & Buy

https://www.scalefour.org/shows/shows.html
Rod

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:56 pm

Whilst checking the route on Waze just now, it tells me that the nearest car park to the school
is the Booker Recreation Ground, 6 minutes walk away. It’s free, but there is no indication on the website of the number of spaces or time limits.

Philip

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:53 pm

Thanks Ron. I was just looking at the show website rather than the societys show link.

Thanks

Dave

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Philip Hall wrote:....Booker Recreation Ground, 6 minutes walk away. It’s free, but there is no indication on the website of the number of spaces or time limits....

54 spaces, plus 5 disabled/mother-and-child spots. Expect some of those to be filled already by regular users of the park and the adjacent Judo Centre.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

hughesp87

Postby hughesp87 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:38 am

Final testing today for my Obbekær layout before its Scaleforum appearance this weekend. Not sure if a P87 layout qualifies as a "guest scale" or the output of an eccentric member, but I'll take either!

One new piece of motive power will take to the rails, in the form of a Frichs 3-axle diesel, as supplied to a couple of the Danish private railways. It's a scratchbuilt model, with all axles sprung, small Mashima motor driving the two outer axles via High Level gearboxes and bodywork from my own etchings. A product of about 7 years of on/off modelling effort, and a huge sense of relief that it turned out OK in the end!

20220915_202744750.jpg

20220920_121252045.jpg

Safe travels to High Wycombe and we look forward to seeing faces old and new over the weekend!

Geraint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geraint Hughes
Cromford & High Peak in P4
Danish Railways in P87

kelly

Postby kelly » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:16 pm

hughesp87 wrote:Final testing today for my Obbekær layout before its Scaleforum appearance this weekend. Not sure if a P87 layout qualifies as a "guest scale" or the output of an eccentric member, but I'll take either!

One new piece of motive power will take to the rails, in the form of a Frichs 3-axle diesel, as supplied to a couple of the Danish private railways. It's a scratchbuilt model, with all axles sprung, small Mashima motor driving the two outer axles via High Level gearboxes and bodywork from my own etchings. A product of about 7 years of on/off modelling effort, and a huge sense of relief that it turned out OK in the end!

My view has always been great modelling is great regardless of scale or gauge. Theres always something interesting, new or unique to be learned I think from all layouts in some way.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

android

Postby android » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:25 pm

Philip Hall wrote:Whilst checking the route on Waze just now, it tells me that the nearest car park to the school
is the Booker Recreation Ground, 6 minutes walk away. It’s free, but there is no indication on the website of the number of spaces or time limits.

Philip

The nearest car park is at the school! There are 160 spaces and we also have the use of a nearby car park belonging to a nursery (for children not plants!).

See you at the weekend.

Andrew

Mark Tatlow

Postby Mark Tatlow » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:50 pm

Due to a change in my circumstances I have a non-refundable hotel room in the High Wycombe Travelodge on Saturday night that I no longer need.

If you wish to stay overnight please get in contact with me and you can have it. Please PM me.

No charge from me but maybe a small donation to the society would be nice?
Mark Tatlow

Lord Colnago

Postby Lord Colnago » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:26 am

I have just heard that Gordon Ashton, one of this year's demonstrators, is unfortunately unable to attend the show due to illness. We wish him a speedy recovery.

John.
The second best priest

Julian Roberts

Re: Scaleforum 2022 - the attractions. WCML Sunday

Postby Julian Roberts » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 am

I was abandoning hope of coming down from Glasgow for the weekend as all trains back on Sunday evening from London were "Sold Out" according to the journey planning tools. However I got my wife who was passing through Central Station this morning to ask at the booking office, and she found that there's no problem coming back on a Saver Return ticket (which can be used anytime for a month) and has reserved a seat for me.

Return to “Exhibitions”