Scalefour Southwest / Railwells 2021

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
markdavy

Scalefour Southwest / Railwells 2021

Postby markdavy » Sat May 29, 2021 10:47 am

Does anyone have any information about this year’s Scalefour Southwest ? It’s usually part of the Railwells show, probably the best exhibition in the area.

The Wells Railway Fraternity website only contains the message ‘Cancelled for 2020’. There is no mention of 2021, not even a proposed date. Our own website is equally uninformative.

I appreciate that the exhibition will depend on the relaxation of the Covid restrictions, so final decisions may not yet have been made. Wells Town Hall is not ideally suited for social distancing !

Railwells is usually held on the second weekend in August, so this year could be either 7th/8th or 14th/15th August.

Mark

Steve Carter

Re: Scalefour Southwest / Railwells 2021

Postby Steve Carter » Sat May 29, 2021 11:09 am

Hi Mark

I agree, its a cracking show and I look forward to my weekend in Wells each year meeting everyone with the Society stand. Unfortuanly though it won't be this year :cry:

I have been advised by the organiser of Railwells that they can't put their exhibition on this year. Hopefully the Wells Railway Fraternity website will be updated with more information.

See you in 2022 :thumb

Steve
Steve Carter

Albert Hall

Re: Scalefour Southwest / Railwells 2021

Postby Albert Hall » Sun May 30, 2021 7:00 am

I've prompted the Fraternity management that the website needs updating. Watch this space!

Roy

Website now updated to confirm that this year's show will not take place. Hopefully back to normal in 2022.

Return to “Exhibitions”