Virtual Scalefour North International - 17th and 18th April 2021

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
smardale

Re: Virtual Scalefour North International - 17th and 18th April 2021

Postby smardale » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:30 am

Thank you to everyone who made this years virtual Scalefour North possible.

I thoroughly enjoyed/am enjoying (I'm still working my way through some of the links) this years show.

The highlight for me was a look around the inner workings of Buckingham GC with Tony Gee. Tony, I can't wait for part 2 when you get your team back together and operate a sequence.

So, once we do get back to holding 'real' Scalefour Norths in Wakefield, there must surely be a place for running a virtual show alongside, with the added advantage of being able to film the attending layouts over a longer period. I can't imagine anything better than sitting back in my modellers armchair (cup of tea in hand) and watching a beautifully created layout in action.

I'm sure there must be a way of making a virtual off spin help to finance the real show. If I were unable to attend Wakefield in person (god forbid) then I'd happily pay to see a virtual presentation of what I'm missing.

Thanks everyone
Duncan

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:54 am

Sadly I was working so missed/forgot the show :shock:
I'll catch up over the next few days.
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:25 am

Hardwicke wrote:Sadly I was working so missed/forgot the show :shock:
I'll catch up over the next few days.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :thumb
Steve Carter

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:38 pm

A week after it took place, the show content continues to be popular.

As of 11:30 this evening, the layout videos have had 3985 views and the demonstration videos have had 1726.

On a personal level, as the one who put the website together, I'd just like to say thank you for all the comments on the forum and the emails I have received, they are all very much appreciated.

John

Phil O

Postby Phil O » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:19 pm

David Thorpe wrote:I very much enjoyed Scaleforum 2019, and was looking forward to attending, and even helping at, Scalefour 2021. However, it is with some considerable disappointment that I've decided not to go this year. In spite of the fact that I have now had both my jags and am feeling more confident as a result, somehow or other the prolonged lockdown has left me with a disinclination to stray far from my native patch, and while I really don't fancy joining the crowds (what are they?) at a show, or indeed in a strange city (I'd have to change in London), even worse is the thought of hours and hours of hours of train travel, and that's not even taking into account the appallingly uncomfortable seats that for some unfathomable reason East Coast have had installed in their Azumas. So not his year, but hopefully both I and the general situation will be back to normal in 2022, although I suspect that the Azuma seats will still be as bad as ever.
DT

David,

You're quite lucky, we have had to put up with those uncomfortable seats on Great Western Trains for a couple of years now, thanks to DafT. I have a chronic back problem and by the time the train gets to Tavistock Junction from Plymouth it's starting to play up, I did once make the top of Hemerdon before the start of it.

Sorry for the thread drift.

I certainly enjoyed the show, the only downside is you can't see the goodies on the trade stands. Many thanks to those involved in making it possible.

Return to “Exhibitions”