Society AGM 2002 - Chee Tor, Dewsbury Midland, Sid Stubbs

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Rod Cameron

Society AGM 2002 - Chee Tor, Dewsbury Midland, Sid Stubbs

Postby Rod Cameron » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:48 pm

A copy of the tape was provided to the MMRS some years ago.

Rod

Philip Hall

Re: Society AGM 2002 - Chee Tor, Dewsbury Midland, Sid Stubbs

Postby Philip Hall » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:28 pm

Lovely to see Sid Stubbs giving a talk in his inimitable style. I wish I had been able to be there that year. And some unbelievably youthful members of the Society dotted about the audience!

Philip

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:31 pm

Fascinating - and I don't necessarily mean the audience ;) Sadly includes several members who are no longer with us but who will be remembered. Sid was a very interesting man to chat with, especially at Manchester shows when he was behind the 'lathe stand'. Thankfully MMRS have preserved his models for us all to enjoy - and marvel at!

ralphrobertson

Postby ralphrobertson » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:54 pm

I have never seen that before, good to see Sid sharing his skills with everyone. He often talked to local organisations and somewhere I have a CD of Sid talking to his local Rotary Club if I remember.

Those who are interested in Chee Tor may not know that our late Manchester Club member Colin Robinson, who was a keen movie maker, made an excellent film of Chee Tor which I posted on Youtube a few years ago and you can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL2RjAe9yWY

I am amazed to see that it has been viewed almost 19000 times.

Ralph

Return to “Exhibitions”